Friday, September 30, 2011

Here's a new one

I am totally confused by our youngest rag muffin. Kamden has always spoken very well and very precisely. The last month, he's decided to take on stammering. However, it's only when he wants to. If I listen in on his imagination play, he doesn't do it. Then a couple weeks ago, he stopped doing it. I thought "whew...we're through that stage". Then, a couple of days ago, he picked it up again with FULL FORCE, and he's not only stammering - he's YELLING while he's stammering. I'm thinking that this last child in our family is searching for attention...really there's got to be a better way to get our attention. And him, of all our kids, shouldn't be starving for attention.
Everything I've read is to just ignore the stammering, and to not finish his sentences for him. He will grow out of it. (Even if it takes - no exaggeration- 5 minutes to spit out one word?)
In the meantime...I have a serious headache!!! ey-yi-yi.....

3 comments:

Nicky said...

That's what I love about you. You keep smiling through life! Patience is truely a virtue. ;) ira

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I forgot to tell you....Des has picked it up over the last few weeks too! I remember another of our kids doing it (I think it was Tannon). But after I talked to you on the phone, Des started doing it, like the next day! And they haven't even been around each other! I have noticed that it seems to get worse later in the day. I don't know if it's him getting tired, or the added stress level in our house when the other kids get home. I don't know....but like you, I'm pretty sure it will pass!

Drapers said...

Happy Anniversary!! I used to love September too, but since I moved to the south I have to say October is my favorite month (September is still too hot and the humidity is still there, October is cooler and the humidity is pretty much gone). Thanks for the fall pictures I miss seeing the fall colors.