Monday, September 26, 2011

Paiute Trail

Two of my favorite things to do, combined into one fabulous weekend - LUV IT!

My first favorite thing to do is a 3-day weekend away with Ira. Especially when it's a bit of a road trip, because then I get his undivided attention for however many hours it takes to get there. Then I get the ride home too! It's simply fabulous. I love that we get to hold hands, and actually walk together without both of us trying to round up kids. I love that we get to finish our sentences without being interrupted. I love that we get to laugh more and play more. I love that we are just relaxed and can enjoy each others company - even when it's silent between us - it's a comfortable silence. I love that my "emotional tank" gets to be refilled. I love that we can be ready to walk out the door in 5 minutes, not an hour and 5 minutes with getting everyone ready. And then when our weekend comes to a close - I love that I can hug my children and remember why it's good to be home too.

Yep...a weekend away with my husband is a "must-do". In fact, I "must do" it again...soon!

My second favorite thing to do is being in the outdoors - camping, hiking, swimming, boating...4-wheeling! We went to Central Utah on a trail we had never been on before, and we went with our 4-wheeling traveling friends.



helmet head! No one said this was a fashion show :)





Yes...it was THAT cold. We are warming our hands with the warm exhaust coming from the 4-wheeler. That's a new one - I've never done that before!

And yes...it was that muddy. But mud can sure be fun!

If you could zoom in on this picture, you'd see the rain pouring down.
Roger Douglas

The other couples who were with us.

Jen & Bryce Douglas
These two were new to our usual group.

LuAnn and Sheridan Peterson

Marilyn & Roger Douglas

Just the two of us.

Our 4-wheeling buddies. This is the third trip we have taken with this group (except Bryce and Jen). Every single trip we have taken with them, it has been unseasonably and miserably cold. We're beginning to wonder if our friendship is meant to be! Not really, because of course it is. At least we know we're not just "fare-weathered" friends! ha ha
It's funny how the age gaps between us goes unnoticed. I have loved traveling with this group, and we're already planning our next 4-wheeling trip to Moab - can't wait!!!



No comments: