Thursday, September 1, 2011

God Be With You Till We Meet Again...

Ira and I had the privilege of going to the MTC with my parents to see one of the most sweetest girls on the planet. This sweetheart happens to be from Christmas Island, and we got to spend time with her when we were there. The short time we got to know her, we grew to love her. Her name is Lavendar - pronounced Lavinta. If I were to have another baby girl - that would be her name. I love it, and she couldn't have a better name sake.

Lavendar is serving her mission in Sacramento, California. She got to Utah, and is freezing cold (in our 90 Degree temps), and she's afraid of the mountains. I suppose they can be a bit intimidating.

I had to laugh at the picture below. Notice Lavenders feet - no shoes. They don't usually wear shoes on Christmas, because they don't have shoes. So she didn't like wearing shoes here, and she says they make her wobbly. So she takes them off every opportunity she can.

Till we meet again Lavender...

These two pictures are of Lavender saying, "Yes Sir...Elder Mosssaaa". The top one is at the MTC, the lower one is on the island.

This is Lavender digging up a clam - the very clam that I ate a raw piece out of it, and brought the shell home.

No comments: