Thursday, September 1, 2011

20 Years

It has been 20 years... and counting, since I graduated from good 'ol Preston High School. I think there were about 120 graduates in my class. There were only about 40 of us who showed up to the reunion - which was a bit disappointing, but still lots of fun. I was really nervous to go, because Ira wasn't going to be with me (he was on the scouting trip). And my best friend in high school, and who I spent most of my time with, isn't who I married (ha ha) - so I just wasn't feeling very comfortable. However, one of my best girlfriends wasn't wanting to go, because her husband couldn't be there either. So...we went together. I was so glad I went. I loved seeing the people who came.

In Preston, for the most part - you graduate with the same kids you started out in kindergarten with. So by the end of 13 years together, we all know each other pretty well - or at least we thought we did. I loved seeing how different so many of them are now from back in the school days. I loved that we were all one big happy group, and those cliques from back in the day were no more. I love that after all these years, when we cross paths at reunions or around town, that we can call each other friend.

Lynette Turnbow (Jensen) - in the following picture - didn't graduate from Preston, but from West Side. But in about 7th grade, she and I became good friends through playing volleyball against each other. We stayed close, and became roommates at Ricks College for 2 years. Then she married a kid that I graduated with - so now I'll forever get to see her at my class reunions. Yay for us!

Three of my bestest friends. I missed my girlies who couldn't be there, but it was so fun to see these three.
Bridgett Burns (Knapp), me, Barbara Miller (Matthews), Julie Womack (Crosgrove)
Now...for the next 20 years............

No comments: