Tuesday, October 4, 2011

September

September is my very favorite month of the year.

I love that the leaves start to change color. I love the crispness in the air.

It is one of my favorite months to 4-wheel (because the leaves changing gives the back country a certain magic).
Our family at Logan Peak - Jarin is in there, if you look close enough you can see him hiding behind me. He wasn't thrilled about having his picture taken.


September also means our wedding anniversary. This year marked 18 grand and adventurous years. 18 years??? I married Ira when I was 20. So another 2 years, and I've been with him as long as I was with my parents. Wowsers...we're getting old! Anyways, to celebrate, Ira and I got away for a couple days in SLC. We went to the BYU game that was way fun to watch. And Saturday we did a whole lot of nothing. Just walked around different shopping places, didn't buy much, but held hands and talked. My kind of date.
Our good friends, Chuck and Irene watched our kids for us. Irene was a patient of Ira's when we lived in Sandy, and we became instant friends, and have stayed that way since we met them 10 years ago. We hadn't seen them in too long - but our kids came to love them (again) in the short time they spent with them. Pretty neat people.


Ira looks about 12 years old in our engagement picture. Good thing he became a dad and a bishop to give him lots of gray hair so he looks somewhat his age now! ha ha. Unfortunantly it's had the same affect on me :(


September also means lots and lots of canning produce. It is really a pain in the keester to can, and every year I wonder why I do it. But every year, when it's all done, and my shelves are full of yummy fruits and vegies, some of which came from our garden or the gardens of family and friends - I have a sense of satisfaction that I can't get when I just go buy the stuff. And the store bought just doesn't compare to the yumminess of homemade.

I do love September the best. BUT, I really, really like October too. So another great month coming right up - can't wait to see what adventures it holds for us. So far so good...

No comments: