Monday, December 10, 2012

Summer

This post is just a few odds and ends of the summer fun, that wasn't posted in some other post along the way.

Our kids were in "Kids Crossfit" this summer.  It was so good for them to get exercise and to feel good about themselves with the new things they learned they could do. 
Kam especially loved it.  He really wasn't old enough to be signed up, but since his brother was in the class, he just hopped right in.  He was quite a bit smaller and younger then the others, but he didn't let that stop him.  When they would all do jump rope.  He would lay the rope out on the floor in a straight line and hop across it over and over. If there was something he couldn't do - he found a way to do it the "Kam way".  

One of our 4-wheeling adventures brought us to the Ice Caves.
(Emilie and Jarin)

We even had some cousin time.
(Kam and Des)

Our neighbors have a fun tradition of a lawn mower parade.  We decorate our lawn mowers and parade them up and down the streets.  Our family went as Islanders.   :) 

We love our Kayaks - great investment for some family togetherness.  Weather we have all day to play or just a couple of hours to run to the nearest reservoir - we love this way of cooling off with some good water fights.



Jarin got tired, so I am toting him behind.

We had Ira's cousins come from Saint George for a couple of weeks this summer.  We played hard while they were here.  Three extra boys was exhausting, but a special treat.  I grew to love them in that short time, and look forward to next summer.

Every good summer eventually faces it's sunset.  I love summers in Cache Valley.  I feel so blessed to get to live here.  Now that it is getting colder, I'm not sure it is really a blessing - but I look back on those summer days and look forward to the summer days to come - and there is no where else I'd rather be.

No comments: