We got the chance to go to the Grand Canyon (North Rim). We have never been there before. Ira's dad works there during the summers, so we went to see him. To be honest, I wasn't expecting to be too impressed, because I had seen canyons similar in Moab. And that first time "awe" experience was already past. They are all beautiful, but they all kinda look the same.
I don't know what it was about the Grand Canyon, but even though it did look a lot the same as others, it still was breathtaking. And still awe inspiring. It is just a work of art by the hand of God.
The sunsets...... so amazing!
This squirrel, known as the Kaibab. The only place it lives is the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. They were really fun to watch, and they are big and fluffy and cute and they have luscious fur (description thanks to Brayden)
Brayden, Kamden, Emilie, Jarin
Ira's dad, Ron, was with us
I just had to add this picture of Ira grabbing Jarin. We were nervous parents with our children so close to very tall, very scary cliff edges.
On the way home we stopped at another place to explore. I think it was called Red Rock State Park. We had fun there until we were too tired to play anymore. Then home we went - happy and tired, with wonderful memories and some pretty great pictures! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment