Sunday, December 16, 2012

Getting Involved

I love to see our kids get involved in things.  I love to watch them as they discover new things about themselves - their likes and dislikes.  I love to watch them as the light bulb turns on and they "get" somethings.  I especially love to see the smile on their faces as they are participating and loving their new-found activity, and building self confidence along the way.

This year has had a few new-found activities.  Jarin played flag football for the first time.  He had lots of fun running around the field trying to pull of flags.  (See the boy in brown with the big smile, running right to Jarin?  He is a friend of his, and he just kept chasing Jarin the whole game - and jumping on his back.  It was so funny, and fun to watch as they would both fall to the ground in a giggling heap).

He especially had fun just being a kid with his friends.


Emilie tried Volleyball for the first time.  When we got to her first game (she had to miss the first and only practice).  I asked her if she had any idea what to do.  She said, "ya, I watched it on the olympics".  So she had the basic concept down from watching TV, but we still walked through some of the rules.  She got out there and just pounded the ball.  That girl isn't afraid of anything.  She really likes the sport and is pretty good at it too.



Emilie also joined the Orchestra this year, playing violin.  She has really liked this too. I'm glad to see her enjoying a musical instrument.  Piano just wasn't her thing.  

No comments: