Because of our L O N G winter - it seems like summer just barely began. And the next thing I know...school is starting. Ask me if I'm happy about that? I have to admit that it is more peaceful around here with school in - but I feel cheated on my family time and activity time of summer vacation. But since I have little to zero control of the schools schedules - I took the kids clothes shopping, helped them pack their backpacks, and sent them out the door. Now that I have the luxury of having kids old enough to babysit - I like to take each of my kids on their own shopping date and out to lunch to some restaurant they haven't tried before. It's lots of fun for me, I hope they like it too (I think they do).
Brayden on morning number 1 of being a Freshman. Seriously??? When did this happen?!

Emilie ready to go to 5th grade.
All last year, and this summer - I have been anxious for Jarin to get to go to Kindergarten. He has a summer birthday, so he was technically old enough to go last year. After much deliberation and discussions with educators and other parents - we decided it would be best for him to wait a year. Now he's one of the older children in his grade instead of the youngest - I think that will work to his advantage. Anyways, You'd think I would be counting the hours for him to get to leave after having him home an extra year. But was not so. The day before school started, it hit me like a ton of bricks that this was my last day to have my little boy with me all day long...without school responsibilities. I didn't like it. I asked him if he would stay home with me instead of go to kindergarten. He thought and thought and asked me if he could do both cuz he couldn't decide. So I had to tell him how wonderful Kindergarten is, when really...I feel like they are robbing me of my baby! :) I know...we have to let our babies grow up - but it's not always easy. Until a certain age, then they don't grow up fast enough! ha ha.
This picture was taken while he was waiting for the right time to finally get here. He was up 2 hours early this morning, all dressed, backpack on, and ready to go!

He's waiting in line at the bus stop. It's almost time...
Woohoo!! The bus is here! Then he runs out of line, and gives each of us one last hug before turning to leave and get on the bus.
After a successful day of Kindergarten.
I only have to/get to go through this torturous day one more time of my babies going to kindergarten for the first day. I wanted to cry today - but I'm pretty sure when it's my last baby boarding that bus (3 years from now), I won't be able to hold the tears back.
1 comment:
I just read 20 minutes of your blog and got caught up. It has been a while since i have had time. Enjoyed catching up. I love the picture of Jarin on his way to school with a big smile on his face. He looks ready to take on life. What a cute kid. - Jordan
Post a Comment