I have some really talented children. Being the end of the school year, we parents have the opportunity to attend recitals, games and performances that our children have been working so hard on. It is really fun to see all their hard work pay off, and to see their faces shine as they take the spotlight, and see their self-confidence rise a notch when they have done their best. It has been so much fun to watch Brayden especially, just because he's our oldest, try different things, and weed some of them out, and progress with others. I love watching them mold into that person that Heavenly Father intended for them to be. I am so proud of all of them for their accomplishments.

Braydens clogging group was incredible to watch this year. They have really crossed that line of being kids learning to clog, to young men who really know what their doing, and can move their feet! Brayden has insisted that this was his last year, and knowing that, I cried when I watched him. He has loved it, and now wants to move on - but I will miss watching this group of boys. They clogged to
Pirates of the Caribbean,
Sharp Dressed Man, and
Signed...Sealed...Delivered.


Braydens true love seems to be anything to do with music. He wants to replace clogging with guitar lessons. He took orchestra at school (playing the cello). Next year he's signed up for band instead, to learn something new. He loves piano. When he's bored and frustrated, he turns to the piano and just starts playing away.

I don't know if the following picture is considered a talent, but it was an accomplishment for Brayden. His Youth group at church did a "ropes course" at Utah State. I'm not sure everything it entales, since I wasn't there. But I think it has to do with overcoming fears and having faith. He loved the activity.


Emilie was in the Smithfield Community Childrens play, where they put on the show "Pirates of Penzance". She was a little pirate, and sang and danced. Emilie seems to love the stage, and having the spotlight on her. The play is amazing. Everything is done is two weeks time, all by children, including the orchestra. Good job Emi Girl.

The piano recital this year was a pajama party. It was fun for the kids to get to have it be a relaxed atmosphere, with popcorn and pizza. Emilie was so proud of herself to have memorized her piece - and we were proud of her too!


DANCE! Emilie took dance this year for the first time. It was a ballet, tap, jazz year. Again, she loved performing on stage. Her Grandpa and Grandma brought her a flower for her performance, which made her feel like a true princess. Emi says she would rather do gymnastics than dance next year, which fits her personality to a "T".

Emi likes soccer, and she has gotten a little aggressive on the field. Is that a good thing, or a bad thing? She even scored a goal this year. Way to go Em!


Where do we begin with Jarin? He isn't in any lessons of any sort, or in school yet. But he has fabulous talents at making us all laugh, and being a wonderful brother. He is our little impersonator. He can quote movies, and even get the accents down. The top picture, he is impersonating (wanting to be just like) his Uncle Derrick, who sometimes wears his hat backwards. He won't let us turn it around either, cuz he wants to be just like Uncle Derrick!
The bottom picture - he's being a sweet big brother to Kamden.


Kamden's talents include learning something new about every day. He's figured out how to play with most of his toys, and he's a great helper to me, especially when I'm doing dishes! He walks along furniture, and will even stand by himself. He hasn't taken any steps yet, but I'm afraid that's not too far off :( . I'm not in any hurry for him to be growing up, but I guess I don't have a say in the matter! Kam is such an easy-going baby. He seldom lets anything upset him too much, and is almost always content just hangin' out.
5 comments:
I love this post. I will miss watching Brayden clog, that boy can really move. Jaxon decided it wasn't his thing and isn't taking next year. I wish he would have gotten to the point Brayden is at, when they get it-maybe he never would have though. AND WHY???? Why didn't you tell me that Em was in a play???? I would have loved to come watch. I only live about 30 minutes away you know. My kids really love to watch that kinda stuff. NEXT TIME!!! Cute cute kids and family! Your baby's are growing.
Brayden is still going to play the cello right?? Just learn a new instrument too? My cousins who live in Benson can play like 5 instruments each - and they do it well too! So talented.
Good for Emi - I can imagine she would love to perform. What a fun post!
Great post. I still haven't ever gotten to see Brayden clog. Have I missed my chance?
I'll have to show Derrick the pic of Jaren with his hat backwards. That's just too cute.
Nicky How fun! Your children are so beautiful. It was neat to see pictures of them. I love reading your blog. It is so fun to get to know you all this way. Congrats to your parents on their call. Thats wonderful! Have a great day and tell Ira I said hello.
WOW! You do have some talented children! Isn't if fun watching them find their little niche's in life? I think it's great you're letting them dabble in what ever they'd like! The play was so cute!
Post a Comment