Tuesday, January 3, 2012

UEA

UEA??? Really?...wasn't that back in October? Well, ya it was. But I look at it like I'm ONLY 2 1/2 months behind instead of 12 months behind on my blogging. I for one, think that's great improvement on my part. And you who have never lived in Utah - let me explain. UEA is an excuse to have kids out of school for a couple days - not even sure what the purpose is...but I aint complainin' - I like having the break from homework as much as the kids do. And you know us...when there is a break, we take full advantage of it.
We had purchased some tickets last year, and again this year that is called "The Pass of All Passes". We have loved it. It gives us one year free admittance to various places as many times as we can get ourselves to the SLC Valley. It includes Trafalga, both Seven Peaks Swimming Parks, various professional sports games, Wolf Mountain Skiing, and more. One visit to one of the above pays itself off.
So ANYWAYS (I can see I made a short story very long by explaining that - but I thought if any of my peeps have wondered about those passes - they are awesome).

So...back to UEA. We decided we hadn't been to St. Gorge in quite awhile to see some of Ira's family that live there. So that's where we headed. But on the way, we stopped in SLC at Trafalga and had a grand time. We also had passes to Clark Planetarium, so we went to that too. It was a super fun day with adventures we had never done before.

The pictures below are at Clark Planentarium...very cool.
Jarin & Kam

Kamden is on Mars


Jarin on the moon

I got the whole world in my hands (remember that song from your elementary days?) I know...it's not the world - but the song and the picture just went together. ;)

One of the activities at Trafalga

While in St. George, we went on a few hikes. I love hiking the red rocks - they are so beautiful and way fun.

This is "Papa Ron" with the kids. He is Ira's dad.



Ira's mom and dad. They are divorced, but we feel fortunate that they are still good friends, so we can enjoy their company together.

On our way home from St. George, we had to get one more hike in. We stopped at Zions National Park and loved the fall colors with the red rock. It was spectacular!


So there you have it...UEA in a nutshell. Hopefully before the next week is over, I'll be updated. So until the next post...

No comments: