Isn't December the best?! I love all the excitement in the air. I love that people are kinder to one another. I love that total strangers smile to each other and lend a helping hand in times of need. I love that we think of our neighbors more. I love that we spend time together as families. I love the homemade gifts that come home with my kids from school. I love the sparkle in my childrens eyes as they anticipate what Santa Claus will bring. I love that the world seems to be a more peaceful place, even if it's for just a short time. I love the Christmas carols. But more than anything else, I especially love that we pause more to reflect on our Savior....the reason for the season.
Kamden helping Ira put up the star.

Brayden hugging the tree like on the "Grinch".

Jarin with his Rudolph shirt that the kindergarteners all make for their program. The cutest program ever!
Our traditional Christmas Eve dinner by candlelight.
Another tradition - following Santa on the computer. This way we know when he's getting closer to Utah.
Another tradition is that our Sister in law, Beckie, makes us matching jammies for Christmas Eve. We always look forward to see what the new jammies will be, and every year we think they are the best ever.



After reading the account of our Saviors birth and singing a couple songs, the kids head off to bed and wait to hear Santa's bells ringing outside. And this year, like every year - they heard his bells - so they hurried to sleep!

No comments:
Post a Comment