Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Remodeling Project

If you've been to my house anytime in the last 3 or more years - you'd have noticed my kitchen. Cupboard doors had fallen off, and many wouldn't close anymore. Drawers had completely broke apart. And others couldn't even be opened anymore. We had tried to fix them in the past, but as soon as something got fixed, others broke, then the fixed ones would break. And our floor...well, it wasn't working either. It was NOT a thing of beauty, and it WAS a source of great frustration. We finally broke down and got it completely redone. And I L.O.V.E my new kitchen. I finally have a kitchen that really is a thing of beauty.


notice the open cupboards and the broken and open drawers - so pretty!
BEFORE
AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE: (I didn't leave those cabinets open, they just wouldn't close)

AFTER

I forgot the before picture of this bar - but it didn't have the raised bar. The plugs weren't in yet - but you get the idea.

BEFORE

AFTER

Between picking things out for this, and doing all the designing and decorating of Ira's office - I think I could get used to that. I really, really like interior design/decorating. That's not a very cheap "hobby" to have. Maybe I can just find a computer program that I can draw out my dreams and that will be enough to get this bug out of my system. Cuz we will go broke if I start remodeling everything in our house just cuz it's fun! (Not to mention...I kinda like being married - and he may not like me if I start down that road ;) ).

1 comment:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I wish I could plan a before and after on myself....pay a few thousand dollars, and wait a few weeks....and have everything nice and new and shiny!