Sunday, August 14, 2011

Summer Birthdays

Jarin and Kamden both have July birthdays. For those of you who can plan your families - I highly recommend summer birthdays. We have so much fun celebrating their birthdays.

Kamden turned 3 years old. I had a hard time with his birthday. I absolutely love the "terrible two's and three's". I will be sad when my last baby is out of this stage. Yes, he tests his limits (and our patience) - but he is so teachable and lovable. And dang - he says the CUTEST things!

Grandpa and Kam. They came to celebrate his birthday with him. Kam didn't remember his grandparents from before their mission - but it hasn't taken him long to love them all over again. (It's so nice to have them home for all these big and little events).

Jarin turned 6. He got to have his first birthday party with friends. He saw this transformers Pinata at the store several months earlier, and it was decided that that's the birthday party theme he wanted. He's never seen transformers, but they do look cool! He even has a transformers shirt.


We had 13 little boys splashing in the water and sprinklers at our house. Ira and Brayden were on a scout trip - so it was Emilie and I. I couldn't handle that by myself - so I recruited my mom. Have I mentioned how glad I am to have my parents home?

2 comments:

Maria said...

We like summer birthdays at our house too! What fun for ALL those little boys!!

And yes, your kids are lucky to live by their grandparents. McKay has had one birthday when he had grandparents here to help celebrate it and it was when my parents were here for Maxwell's blessing. LUCKY kids!

Smullin Family said...

Happy birthday cute boys! Our boy has a summer birthday too. :)