Moab trip #1 was with our kids in April. Moab is a favorite spring place to visit. When we can't get in our mountains to ride our 4-wheelers - we go to Moab. I was surprised to find myself a nervous wreck most of the time. I have loved going there in the past - but this year I was kinda a mess. I think because this year, Brayden and Emilie both had their own bikes, and having no fear, and riding alongside cliffs. I became the "momma bear" who wanted to protect my kids. So I had enough fear for both of them.
This picture was when we learned that 4-wheelers float! Brayden got into water that was deeper then he anticipated, and well...you can see what happened! (heart stopping moment #1 for me)
Emilie 10 years
I might try to postpone taking my kidlets on this trip for another couple years - until I stop having nightmares of them driving off cliffs! I have to admit tho - when it was all said and done, and we were all home safe and sound - I was glad we went!
1 comment:
I'm nervous just reading this. Too much adventure makes a momma bear anxious.
PS-I had a moment of momma bear-ness at the wind caves. Didn't like the kids scooting around the narrow ledge to the other cave...especially Treyson who has a history of falling all the time!
Post a Comment