Another May...another funeral in the family. This is the 4th May in a row that we have had to bury someone we love in our family - and they have all been a result of cancer. The other 3 have been on my dads side of the family - this uncle is on my moms side.
My Uncle DeVerl Herzog is one of the the nicest, neatest people I know. I can still hear his laugh, and feel his long-armed embrace. He is the only brother my mom has. She gives him full credit for who she is today. Their parents weren't active church members when she was young. Her brother, being the oldest in the family, decided they all needed to be going to church. So he would take his 4 younger sisters to church. He went on a mission, and while he was gone, his dad stopped smoking. As a result of this young mans example, his family all became active church members and were sealed as a family in the temple. I don't know where I would be today if it hadn't been for my Uncle DeVerls example to his sister - my mom. I miss him.
Aunt Rawana, mom, Aunt LaRee (DeVerls wife), Aunt Gloria, Aunt Rawana.

No comments:
Post a Comment