Here are a few pictures of our most recent road trip:
This was a last minute trip for us. I was sharing my disappointment with my friend, Mindy Johnson, that we didn't have tickets to go to the Draper Temple open house. She said that she had some, and extra. So...the next thing I knew, Ira and I had a whole weekend planned. We went to the open house on Friday night...
...Then we stayed at a hotel in Provo. Ever since we got home from Disneyland, Jarin has been asking us if we could go back to our hotel. So he was very excited to get to stay at a hotel. We are short a bed for one person, and he is always excited to find somewhere cool to sleep. Under the table was where he picked, after I talked him out of sleeping in the closet!...
...Of course, the highlight of staying at a hotel is getting to swim. This was Kamden's first time to swim. He loved splashing....
...Saturday, we went to Little Sahara sand dunes (by Nephi, UT), and went 4-wheeling. We love to go 4-wheeling. Last summer I was pregnant, then had a newborn, so we were very limited on our riding. Yes, we start our kids riding young, but at least we didn't take him last year when he was a newborn! We put a helmet on him, attach him to the baby carrier that is hooked on me, and we ride on very mellow trails. He loved it, and so did I!
...Brayden and Emilie both got to practice their new bikes. Brayden had to get a bigger bike, Emilie got Brayden's smaller bike. It is too hard to have two kids riding with each of us. After much research, we found out that motorcycles are safer for kids to ride. They are much easier to handle for them. I have to admit, I was really nervous to put Emilie on a bike. I can't keep up to her when she's on her feet - yet alone a bike! Ira showed her the basics, and off she went. She is completely fearless!...
Of course, Jarin and Kam preferred to just play in the sand.
...Would I do it again? OF COURSE!!
8 comments:
A miserable car ride is but a small price to pay for a little fresh air and sunshine! We keep thinking we ought to invest in a limo with a glass shield that separates the front seat from the back section. That way, the kids could fight and carry on all they want, and we wouldn't have to hear a thing!
Wasn't the temple wonderful. My kids loved it and talk about it all the time. I hope it places within them a strong desire to go someday.
How fun!!! I am wanting some of that right now and I would give the car ride in a heart beat for it... But that doesn't mean I would love that part!!!
The limo comment with the glass wall made me laugh. It brought me back to the memory of childhood when mom and dad put a camper on the back of the truck, and they sat in the front, while all us kids were in the camper (before the days of seatbelt laws). I remember having full-fledge fights with siblings back there, and pounding on that glass that separated the truck cab from the camper, and mom and dad just smiling cuz they "couldn't hear" what we were trying to tattle-tell to them! Now that I'm the parent, I'm pretty sure they knew exactly what was going on - they just let us duke it out while they enjoyed their time alone! Oh...those were the days...good memories!!
I wish I could go on a 4-wheeler when we come to visit, I will be too big, but then maybe I can start the labor early!! Steph
Sorry I forgot to add, I wish down here we had the opportunity to go to the Temple Open Houses. I was able to go to the Bountiful Temple when they had theirs, it was a wonderful experience. Now that I have kids I would like them to have the opportunity to get to go.
How fun! Looks like it was worth the drive. =) I loved your last posts, too- I totally agree with you!
Looks like you guys had a fun time. Cute pic of Emily on the dirt bike. The boys are going to love that when she is older. Glad you guys had a chance to get away.
Post a Comment