Early this morning when it was still quiet throughout the house, I sat up with Kamden as he had just finished eating. He got such a sweet smile on his face, and started having a whole "goo-goo ga-ga" conversation with somebody. He wasn't looking at me, but looked straight ahead. Then he pulls up his hand and starts waving "Hi" to whomever he was having this conversation with. Have you ever noticed babies doing this from the time they are newborns? Then as they get older, their "conversations" become directed to those around them, instead of "into space". So many times, my babies will be looking over my shoulder at the wall behind them, and they look so intently and have such a look of peace.
So my question to you is: Do you think it is just something that babies do? Or do you think there is more to it then that?
Personally, I believe that there are angels among us. Angels that are seen and unseen. I believe that before we were born into this world with a body of flesh and bone, that our spirits lived in heaven with Heavenly Father, and with each other. I believe that I walked and talked with God, my Father, before He sent me to earth. I believe I knew many of you before I came to earth. I believe that I knew before I came to earth, that it wasn't going to be an easy test, but that I knew I could do it. Of course, I don't remember any of these things before my birth, but it is a truth that has been taught to me, and a truth that I have gained my own testimony of throughout the years. Then there is life after death. I believe that when we die, our bodies and spirits are once again separated. Our bodies die, but our spirits live on until the day of the resurrection when our bodies and spirits can again unite.
With these beliefs, my answer to my own question is: Yes, I very much believe that there are unseen angels among us. The scriptures are full of examples of angels. God is unchanging, therefore it only makes sense that if there were angels in the ancient days, that he still sends angels today. I believe that my little sons "conversations" aren't just babbles into space. I believe that since He just left the arms of God, that he is still very close to that part of his life, and can see things that we can't. Have you ever been alone, and felt all alone, and then that warm - enveloping feeling surrounds you, and you can almost physically feel someones arms around you? I believe that is one of those "angels" that we can't see. I remember the day that Ira and I got married. My Grandpa had recently died, and when our family and friends surrounded us in the room, I knew that my Grandpa was also in that room. It is a hard thing to explain in our limited mortal vocabulary, but my spirit recognized his spirit with us.
I also know that there are many seen angels among us. They are a lot easier to recognize, because we can see them. However, on a cloudy day when I can't see the sun, I know that it is still there!
I have dear friends and neighbors who have been angels to me and to my family. They quietly serve us in so many ways. As I have struggled with different health things in the past few years, I have looked out my window and seen "angels" pulling weeds from my garden and mowing my lawn. I have had "angels" take care of my children and love them. Many of my "angels" have listened to me for countless hours as I have needed a friend. I have had "angels" bring meals over the years. "Angels" have prayed and fasted on my behalf. One "angel" even placed her baby girl in my arms over eight years ago, so that we could be her daughters parents.
Then there are the "angels" that I call family. I have five "seen" angels in my house everyday. I don't always recognize them as the angels that they are - sometimes I think that they are 4 little devils, and 1 big devil! But they bring so much joy to me (most of the time :-) ). My extended family are a whole bunch of "angels" to me. They are there for every holiday, every heartbreak, every joy... They are truly some of my best friends. Several years ago, I wouldn't have ever thought I could say that about my parents or brothers or sisters. But time reveals all things, and I stand corrected. Now I am calling them my "angels"!
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, one of the latter-day apostles of the Lord said, "I testify of angels, both the heavenly and the mortal kind. In doing so I am testifying that God never leaves us alone, never leaves us unaided in the challenges that we face. 'Nor will he, so long as time shall last, or the earth shall stand, or there shall be one man [or woman or child ] upon the face thereof to be saved'. (Book of Mormon (Moroni 7:36)). On occasion, we may feel we are distanced from God, shut out from heaven, lost, alone in the dark and dreary places. Often enough that distress can be of our own making, but even then the Father of us all is watching and assisting. And always there are those angels who come and go all around us, seen and unseen, known and unknown, mortal and immortal." ..."In the process of praying for those angels to attend us, may we all try to be a little more angelic ourselves - with a kind word, a strong arm, a declaration of faith...Perhaps then we can be emissaries sent from God when someone is crying [for help]..."
You mean, I can be an angel for someone else????? I guess I better get off this blog and get busy - I'll start with my two little boys who need their moms attention right now. I can be their angel!
3 comments:
I believe that is so true, I do think we have angels among us spiritual one and those living. Thank you I needed this. Steph
Thanks. Isn't it so cool to have the knowledge that we have?
Thanks for the post! I want you to know that you have been one of those "angels" in my life several times since I moved here. Most recently yesterday. I was able to get so much done! Thanks!!!
Post a Comment