Sunday, March 1, 2009
RE-FUELED
Today was Stake Conference at church. I love stake conference for several reasons. I love being spiritually fed, and I love having Ira sit with our family when he is usually sitting on the stand helplessly watching as I try to single-handedly keep our four kids under control (usually failing miserably). I shouldn't say single-handedly, so many in our ward help me with Jarin. Anyways, today I sat down next to Ira, who was sitting next to his counselor in the Bishopbric (who does not have small children at home anymore). Ira took Kamden, and Jarin went straight to Brother Douglas. I sat there empty armed for the first time in a long time. I got to listen to the messages, and I got to feel the spirit of what was being taught. I know, it may sound like such a simple thing, but it was a re-fueling experience for me. Then to top it off, I look to my side (where these two great men were taking care of my two great children who just don't like to sit still), and they each had them sitting on their laps - one asleep and the other being very reverent. So what did I do?...I CRIED with a big smile on my face! I was so happy to have the help, and to see these men taking such good care of our little ones, and to get the opportunity to "feast on the words of God." So today, I have a new resolve to be a better mom and wife and work on the important things in life - my family. All because I had the opportunity to get to listen. I love days like today, no matter how few and far between they may be!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Best enjoy it now, because by Monday when the kids get out of school, it'll be gone! Gotta love it.
I'm glad you got to listen and enjoy stake conf. I felt refueled too as I left. I loved Pres. Poulsen's talk....I felt like it couldn't have been more appropriate and was exactly what we needed to hear!
I love days like that too. I actually got to hold my friends baby at church yesturday and I was thinking to myself how did I get to this point so fast. I thought I would always be holding one of my kids and fighting with them to hold still. They grow so fast. Now my kids are holding others too. They are all old enough to keep others entertained. When did that time get here?
Conference was very good and I always enjoy the Saturday night session. It was nice to have the rest of the day to be together as a family just hanging out and playing games. I'm happy for you that you got to have your husband there sitting by you. I think you should hire Brother Douglass as your nanny. He was doing a very good job with Jarin. Lunch was fun. Lets do it again sometime.
Post a Comment