Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I WILL survive!

Me and my kiddos
Our kids love to snow ski, and Ira has taken them about once a year for quite a while now. I have always had a "good" excuse to weezle my way out of it. (You know, things like being pregnant, need to feed the new baby etc.). This year, I tried all the "weezling" I could, and Ira would just smile and tell me it was my turn to take them. I haven't been snow skiing in many years, and I was a bit terrified, especially since I would be having Emi with me whose only been twice. It's worse than the blind leading the blind!! So...I made sure my life insurance was paid up, and that Ira knew where to find the policy - and off I went. And guess what?...I DID survive!!

My sister Kelli, and her family were going, and she loves to ski. I knew we would be in good hands if we got stuck somewhere - she would find a way to help us down. Emi cried most of the way down when I was with her. After about an hour of that, Kelli showed up and showed her a few things, and off she went, with no more tears. Then Emi and her 4 year old cousin, Myah would cruz past me and have to stop and wait for me to catch up as I zig-zagged back and forth trying to get down the mountain in one piece. It was lots of fun, especially the part where we took OFF the skis for the day! It really was fun, but once a year (or less) would suit me just fine. However, I loved, loved, loved being outside, in the sun, fresh air, and beautiful mountains.

This was the first of many falls for me.
It was a lot harder to get back up than I remembered it being in my younger days!



Brayden, Zacary & Skyler. They went on their own most of the day, and had a great time together.My sis and IEmi & Myah. The above picture is them flying down the mountain past me.Brayden

Kelli & Myah
We married two of the greatest guys. While we played for the day, Ira & Derrick took care of babies at the lodge, and they grilled hamburgers so we hungry skiiers could have something yummy to eat. Later, they went to "City of the Rocks", and checked things out there.

You guys are the greatest!

Oh ya...we ran out of gas on the mountain on our way home. This is the only hill we had to push the van up, then Ira coasted all the way down the mountain, straight to the gas pump!

He coasted from up there......to here.


Yummy "hole in the wall" restaurant in Pocatello
I think that I forgot to mention that we FORGOT sun screen! You can't see our red faces in this picture very well, but believe you me...THEY ARE RED. We have had a sore couple of days!..LESSON LEARNED! OUCH!




4 comments:

Maria said...

This may sound crazy, but I think I would have given up our 75 degree weekend to go skiing with you all. (Only one weekend though, not all winter of it.) That looks like soooo much fun. The last time I went skiing was with Ira right after I got home off of my mission. I really do miss it. - Jordan

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Ya, Jordan, that does sound crazy! I love skiing, but I love 75 degree weekends a little better!

Great times Crawfords. Thanks for coming up. The tradition has been set, so we'll see you next year!

Mark and Adrian said...

That looks like so much fun. I'm glad you survived.

Amber Bradley said...

How fun!!! I am going to stop looking at your blog...First Disneyland, then a road trip and how this... I am just a little sad looking at that... Just a LITTLE...:( lol