Thursday, July 31, 2008

"DON'T TELL MY HEART...MY ACHY BREAKY HEART!"

I thought I would post an update with my most recent tests results. I had an echo cardiogram this week, and it was all good news. Some of our worst fears of possible diagnosis' were put to rest after the echo. The structure of my heart is working great - so the problem isn't with my heart itself, but in some default of the message getting to my heart. So of all the possible things that it could be, the worse of them are checked off as cleared. At the best, it could be just a crazy thing that happened as a result of the stress and changes of pregnancy. That is what we are hoping for - but time will tell. For now, we just monitor my pulse and see if it will average out, instead of the extreme lows and highs. If not...then we will go for further testing. In the meantime, I do feel like I am gaining my strength a little each day, which is fabulous!

Thank you to all of you for your thoughts, service, and prayers on my behalf. At first I was really struggling with the "attention", but now I realize that perhaps the results may have been different without your prayers. My "heartfelt" :) thanks to each of you!

4 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

My heart goes out to you! (How's that for cheesy???) We have been praying for you, and as of late, I know without a doubt that our prayers are definitely heard! So there you have it. Go enjoy that little/big baby of yours! See you tomorrow. kelli

Drapers said...

I'm glad that you are feeling better, and I feel bad that we didn't get to see you before we left. Tell the kids hi and we'll keep in touch. Steph

Smullin Family said...

Nicky,
I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling a little better and that your test results sound positive. I've been off the computer for a while and didn't realize what had been going on. We'll keep you in our prayers.

If I didn't say it before... congrats on your new sweet little boy. He's adorable and looks a lot like his siblings!
Love, Alisha

Maria said...

Whew, glad it wasn't the worst possible scenario! Hope things continue to improve.