I have wanted to do a triathalon since the first time I ran my first half marathon. I viewed it as something I could never do (as I did the half marathon), so I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it. This year was the year to check it off my bucket list. I am not a swimmer. I liked biking, but had never really done it for a distance. And running?...well, I had done it - but can't say I like it.
Anyways, my brother Shawn and I decided we were going to do it. We signed up, and while I was at it - I signed up Ira. He was a good sport about it and didn't train a day for it before he went to the race. I shouldn't say not a day, I think he did go for a run once or twice before the big race day. In the meantime, I was up at 5:30 going to the pool, and watching people swim and trying to copy them (or in some cases - trying NOT to copy them). I would still go to Crossfit every morning, and other days I would fit in a bike ride. Saturdays I was trying to get a run in. It was an exhausting training, and I wasn't very consistent with it. But I learned a lot. Do you have any idea how hard it is to run 3.1 miles after a 12 mile bike ride and a 500 meter swim? My legs felt numb and a thousand pounds each! I hadn't expected that one. I felt like I was tripping over my own feet because I couldn't really feel them. I wonder if there's a trick to that?...I guess I'll have to study up on that. Turns out, I REALLY like biking, and I think I could really like swimming too (if I learned the right way to swim). I still don't like running, but I think I can tolerate it in shorter distances. And wouldn't you know it - I LOVED the triathalon. I want to do another...soon! Problem is, right now I am stuck with running, because I signed up for the Top of Utah Half Marathon...AGAIN! Why do I subject myself to such torture??? The only answers I have come up with are:
1)I'm a bit crazy in the head
or
2) I really like feeling healthy
or
3) All of the above!
Me, Sharli King, Amber Bradley, Shaley Davis
Me with some of my friends/family who are also a bit crazy in the head really like feeling healthy. :)
Shawn, me, Ira, Tiana
a few of my Crossfit Iota "family" after the race.
Me with my best friend after the race
Ira, Nicky, Shawn
YAY... we did it!

2 comments:
You are inspiring!
:) I need me another race after reading that!!!
Post a Comment