Our family has now officially entered a new stage of life, a stage of complete and total insanity. A stage of off-the-chart emotions. A stage of talking back. A stage of random conversations. A stage of lots of laughter. A stage of "maybe girls don't have cooties". A stage of eyes rolling. A stage of silly games and parties. A stage of "don't give me a hug when anyone can see - that's just not cool."
We have been in this stage for quite some time now, but as of today it is official. As of today, I will no longer have a home free of a teenager for 18 more long years. EIGHTEEN years of teenagers!!!??? Hold on tight...it's going to be a fun ride!
It's official that my "baby boy" is no longer my baby (at least that's what HE thinks! - but I know that he'll always be my baby boy). I'm not handing over the car keys anytime soon!
It's official that having a teenager in my home makes me old, and "old fashioned" (in his words). I remember so well when I turned 13, and my dad called me a "teeny-bop" for the following 7 years. I thought I was so old and wise. And it doesn't seem that long ago in my mind.
It's official that I love Brayden more each day. He really is a lot of fun to have around.
We have been in this stage for quite some time now, but as of today it is official. As of today, I will no longer have a home free of a teenager for 18 more long years. EIGHTEEN years of teenagers!!!??? Hold on tight...it's going to be a fun ride!
It's official that my "baby boy" is no longer my baby (at least that's what HE thinks! - but I know that he'll always be my baby boy). I'm not handing over the car keys anytime soon!
It's official that having a teenager in my home makes me old, and "old fashioned" (in his words). I remember so well when I turned 13, and my dad called me a "teeny-bop" for the following 7 years. I thought I was so old and wise. And it doesn't seem that long ago in my mind.
It's official that I love Brayden more each day. He really is a lot of fun to have around.
Me holding my sweet baby boy, 13 years ago
When he was about 5 years old
Wrestling the gators in 2005.
That wasn't that long ago - but it's amazing to me to look at this picture and see how much he's changed.
6 comments:
Happy Birthday, Brayden! It's Rachel's birthday today, too! I had forgotten that they share a birthday...one more year till I have a teenager!!
Happy Birthday Brayden!!! We hope you had a great day.
Happy Birthday Brayden!
He is a cute kid. Happy birthday to him! I love it. As parents we raise these kids...give everything of ourselves to them...love them...worry about them...and when they get older - we are an embarrassment to them...WHAT???
Pretty handsome fellar yu got there! It was pretty crazy, how much he has grown in just he last 5years. He looked so little in the alligator pic!
Happy birthday Brayden!
I can't believe that either! He isn't that much older than Jordan so that brings a little stress to my day:) I remember when you guys first moved here, helping him tie his shoes up camping and what a cute little guy he was...that seems like it barely happened!
Post a Comment