Saturday, November 14, 2009

Night Hike Retreats

You know what they say, "All good things must come to an end." (I totally disagree with this statement, but that's a thought for another day). In this case...a great activity is being "put on hold" (NOT coming to an END), until it gets warmer, or we decide to take a trip to a warmer location during the winter months - I'm ALL for that! I've never been one to hang out with the girls (not since being married anyways). And when I saw some gals in our neighborhood doing night hikes, I just couldn't resist - I had to join in. (It is an open invitation to anyone who wants to go...next summer). It has been really fun for me to get out, get some exercise, get to know other people, and laugh myself silly. I'm going to miss these weekly adventures, but it will give me something to look forward to next spring.


Smithfield Canyon Hike
Ann, Jaelynne, Me, Shanna & Melanie



Jardines "short cut"
This was our biggest group - and the hike turned out to be a walk through cow poop (that's what we get for trying something new and a "shortcut"). So we ate our smorgasboard of treats, then went to Village Inn and ate some more. Not much hiking this night - but LOTS of eating!




Crimson Trail
This was one of my favorite hikes. It was the hardest hike of them all, but I felt like I had really accomplished something by the time I reached the top. I imagine this is a beautiful hike in the light. I would shine my flashlight across the drop-off and see shear cliff walls on the other side.
Of course we can't burn all those calories without replacing them.
This time was cookies and cinnamon rolls. Mmmmm...Mmmmm....GOOD!
Nicky, Ann, Melanie, Shaley, Jaelynne, Shanna







4 comments:

Mark and Adrian said...

That sounds soooooo fun :)

Drapers said...

Sounds like it was a lot of fun!!

Becky said...

That is the best idea ever! You guys are awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Ann said...

I love the picture of all of us in a circle!
Don't worry...we'll find lots of fun things to do during the winter (hot springs)