Before I fill you in on what came out of the mouth of my babe, I have to fill you in on the circumstances leading up to it.
My morning has followed an outline like the following:
1. boxes covering the floor with Christmas decorations in them (at least they HAD decorations in them, until my littlest two hoodlums have pulled them all out.)
2. Decorations that WERE in boxes, that are now spread all over the floor, are being broken by the same two little hoodlums.
3. As I'm cleaning up one area of the mess, they are causing destruction in another.
4. Several ornaments that were on the tree are now broken.
5. Kamden (yes, my 17 month old), has found a way to climb up the bar stools and get onto the counter. The counter is where I keep these valuables that I don't want broken!
The list could go on, but it's pretty much more of the same thing. I even had the thought that if I didn't have these kids here, I could get so much accomplished. I am trying to keep my cool, and smile my way through this - but a great big *sigh* escaped my lips. To which Jarin sweetly began to sing, "I Am A child Of God..."
Alrighty then, point well taken! I was very gently and sweetly taught a valuable lesson today. One that I hope will see me through the rest of the day - as I often so quickly forget the lessons being taught to me. It's true that if I didn't have these children here, I would have a spotless house, full of beautiful decorations. But what good would that do me if it was always spotless...and lonely?
Thank you Jarin (and all of my family) for being so patient with me as you teach me the most important lessons in life.
"I Am A Child of God, and He has sent me here.
Has given me an earthly home with parents kind and dear.
Lead me, Guide me, Walk beside me, help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do to live with Him someday."
3 comments:
I wonder what would happen if our children actually knew what they could get away with, if every time they're about to get in trouble, they break into "I am a child of God"?
What a sweet post. I too am taught a lot by my children. All too soon they will all be grown up and we WILL be lonely!! :(
That is so cute - I have always wondered how "accomplished" I'd be - then am humbled by another lesson they have to teach me...some day, we may get it - silly adults!
Post a Comment