BEING A MOMMY!
*wet, sticky kisses
*wide open arms being wrapped tightly around me
*little people climbing into bed with me when they want me to wake up in the morning
*little voices (I love how sweet childrens voices are - when their NOT yelling)
*watching them wave to me when they are supposed to be singing in the primary choir for Mothers Day
*When the baby learns to say, "Mamamamama"
*When my kids come home from school, and the first thing I hear is, "Mom".
*A Smile from a dirty face (preferrably clean face, but dirty works too)
*When I can have a "real" conversation with my older kids
*Small handprints on clean surfaces (I'm not making this up, I really do like this - it is the best thing ever to see a full, small handprint on a window or mirror - luv it!)
*Holding a new baby that I know just left the arms of God
*Singing nursery rhymes and primary songs together
*Having help with picking things up and mowing the lawn
*Being the recipient of homemade gifts and cards
*Having "helpers" to cook and pull weeds (even if it is usually a flower or desired plant that gets pulled instead) :)
*Bright eyes when something new has been learned
*Having someone say over and over again, "Look at me, mom. Look...Look at me"
*Get to read childrens stories
*Having an excuse to get to color with crayons
*Having an excuse to get to play in the little blow-up swimming pool in the yard (can you imagine what the neighbors would think if I didn't have kids, and they saw me playing in it?)
*Buying and playing with baby toys and dolls.
*I have someone to make "Mickey Mouse" pancakes for.
*Hearing from others, or seeing for myself, when my older children are making good choices, and remembering what they have been taught.
*I get to attend dance & piano recitals, and cheer for them in sporting or other events.
*I have someone to hang out at the park, or the lake, or in the mountains with.
*I get to be re-taught the things I learned in school, plus more!
*I have 4 little reasons that I HAVE to get up every day, and stay healthy for, even when I would rather wallow in self pity!
*Those little people who call me "Mom" HAVE A REALLY CUTE DADDY!
This list could go on forever, but I think I covered the important stuff. I am so grateful to have these four children who call me mom. Whenever I get discouraged, and have just had enough of being a mom, I remember the days of tears and prayers and fasting that I would get to have the privilege of having someone call ME "Mommy". That really puts it all into perspective for me. My heart aches for those women who so badly want to be moms, and haven't had that priviledge. I can look back on my experiences now and know that Heavenly Father knows what's best for each of us, and He knows the desires of our hearts. I feel deep gratitude for my family. I Love you guys!
4 comments:
me too. Except for the praying and hoping to be a mommy. As soon as the thought entered my mind....BAM!
Hope you have a happy birthday!
and you do realize, that without the little ones, there wouldn't be anything to have to pick up on the lawn, right?
I wish I had appreciated motherhood that much in "the day". I sure do appreciate it now! And I too feel so sorry for those who have not had that privledge and are not now reaping the rewards.
I love reading your blog, it sure makes me feel better! It's times like this when I need to take the time to appreciate being a mother just a little more. Thank You!!
Post a Comment