
Not always is the journey as enjoyable as the destination. But in this case, it was equally as fabulous. I had Brayden and Emilie as my "dates", and I had a great time talking with them as we trudged up the mountain side (talking between huffs and puffs that is). I have never been much for hiking, it's just too much work. I'd rather sit on my 4-wheeler and let the machine do the work. However, there are places that you just can't get to unless you use your own two legs, and this was one of them. Who knew that I lived in a hikers paradise? And have NEVER taken advantage of it. I think after today, that may have changed. I was feeling so dang proud of myself, that I could take on such a challenge...until on the way down, we passed many people who were much older or much, much younger than me, and they were making it to the top. So maybe I wasn't AS "cool" as I thought I was, but to me, it was still an accomplishment. So yeah for me and my kidlets. We hiked the Wind Caves trail in Logan Canyon. It's 1.8 miles EACH WAY - I'm sure that's not a big deal, but not bad for a beginner, right?



4 comments:
I love that picture of you and the kids at the top!! So beautiful.. I love Logan Canyon and you are right there is so much to do and see. Way to go on the Hike!!! Looks like you guys had a fun weekend.
I'll bet that was fun to just have the 'big' kids for a change. That is a really beautiful place!
And oh my heck Nicky, you are lookin' skinny! That is the first standing-up-full-body picture I've seen of you in a while and you look GREAT! :)
Looks like you caught the bug. And ya, you do live in a hiker's paradise. Lucky lucky girl.
We did that hike a few years ago for cub scouts as a pack meeting. It was so beautiful, except the edge where it drops off. That is something I would love to do it again, when I get the chance. Hiking here is so different, no mountains. Steph:)
Post a Comment