Wednesday, May 6, 2009

In the Eye of the Beholder

Who says that dandelions are an obnoxious weed? I suppose that is in the eye of the beholder. Look at those beauties! Jarin ventured outside, then came in with his eyes all a-glow and his arm outstretched holding these lovely flowers, "For you, Mom". I love getting "flowers" from my chicklets. My older two have outgrown giving me these lovely, yellow flowers, and it won't be long until Jarin stops giving them to me too. So I will enjoy every flower I can...for as long as I can.
ADDITION: I had to add this after I had already posted the earlier part, Emilie came home from school with a whole huge bouquet of "flowers". Except they were NOT for me! Her Uncle Derrick has had pneumonia, and she brought them home from school for him. Problem is, he lives too far away to give them to him, So reluctantly, she gave them to me instead. And I thought she had outgrown the whole dandelion thing. I'm glad to know that underneath all that growing up she's been doing, that she's still my little girl!



Gardens in Cache Valley are kinda tricky. Can't plant too early, or they'll still freeze, don't wanna plant too late or the seasons not long enough to enjoy the produce. So...these nifty "walls of water" solve the dilemma. I can plant now, and they protect them from the freeze. Each plants own little green house. So this is what I've been up to this week. Not a very big garden, and we keep expanding it a little every year. Before long, it will cover my whole back yard - which isn't too big either! It's a work in progress, but it's enough work for me right now!

5 comments:

Amber Bradley said...

I just got a few of those from Jaxson the other day. He got them on his way home from preschool with Kristina and her kids and they died and he refused to let me throw them away. I guess I will find them when I am cleaning...somewhere;) But he was so proud! They are precious kids aren't they...well they are still sleeping so I can say that!

Anderson Avenue said...

You gotta love the yellow flowers. Avree thinks that we have the most beautiful lawn because we have flowers in it!! But Dad doesn't think they are so beautiful!!

Maria said...

We use the wall of waters also, but I won't show you the size of our tomato plants already. ;) We love living in a place with such nice weather. - Jordan

Drapers said...

I would love to have a garden. Here the season is almost gone I'm told. We did try tomatoes the first year we were here, but picture the caterpillar on "A Bug's Life" those huge things were everywhere on the plants. They got to the orange ones before we even had a chance. Oh how I miss my garden. You've got to love those "beautiful" dandilions, Emma thinks they are wonderful.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I totally forgot to give Emi a big hug yesterday and tell her thanks for her sweet thoughts. So you can do it for me???

Speaking of handprints on glass. I have a priceless one on my china hutch right now. I'm reluctant to clean it off. It's a 5 foot 10 tall profile of a face. Apparently, skyler thought it would look cool to see his profile on the glass. It's really very detailed and interesting to look at.