Saturday, May 2, 2009
Happy...???
It's not anywhere near Halloween, right? Or maybe I'm just way off, it wouldn't be the first time! I make sugar cookies twice a year - Halloween and Valentines - they are too much of a pain! Valentines we were at Disneyland, so no sugar cookies (yah for me!). Jarin wouldn't let me let it go. Ever since Halloween he has been asking me to make "Halloween cookies". Today he asked at just the right time when I was feeling guilt for neglecting my child. Boy they learn young how to pull their parents heart strings. I was busy "working" on the computer (very important stuff you know). He is laying on the floor all alone, just staring at nothing. My guilt starts to set in, then he drops the bombshell. With those big, bright blue eyes, and his "I-love- you -even -if- your -ignoring- me" voice, he asked, "Mom, lets make Halloween cookies". So he finally did it, he broke through and got his Halloween (pumpkin)/Valentines(heart)/Christmas(gingerbread men and stars) /Wedding (SLC temple) cookies. He even made them "Spring" by decorating them in Spring Green frosting...BEAUTIFUL! They didn't taste too bad either if you could get past the green and the billion sprinkles he added. (Don't worry my Big Loser Family...I only had ONE!) So HAPPY... Halloween, Christmas, Valentines, Wedding...SPRING to everyone! And HAPPY day for me to be guilt-free of ignoring my child. But today is a new day...and I'm on the computer...here comes the guilt!...WAIT, it's Saturday...Ira's home to play with them...let my "important" computer work begin!!!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You are an awesome mom.
And may I add they were a PERFECT bribery tool all day long! I even got my boys to eat their dinner so that they could have one of Jarin's cookies. Thanks!
That is too cute. My favorite picture is the one with him in his apron up on the counter adding the sprinkles. Looks like all the work paid off - happy Jarin!
You are so good. I don't like making sugar cookies because I eat all of them. Tell Jarin he did a PERFECT job decorating them. FUN TIMES!!
Sugar cookies are my favorite, but I have had no desire to stand in the kitchen and bake. Maybe, by Halloween everything will be back to normal whatever normal is. I'm tempted to by the refrigerated dough so my kids will stop asking for them. Cute pictures, now that's my kind of frosting.:)
Ha ha. That made me chuckle. I love that you have every shape under the sun. The only one missing...halloween ghosts???
And I love love love the new background. How'd you do it?
Post a Comment