I have that saying on my wall where I see it every day. Unfortunately I don't always take it to heart. When I took this picture of Kamden, I could see in his eyes that faith, kindness, and love, and I was reminded of that saying. I have found myself so busy with four children, that I often am just going through the motions. I'm not "thrilling with them at life's big and small moments". Kamden especially, is changing and learning new things every single day. They are growing up on me, and I'm missing it. I mean, I am here to help with homework, to make dinner, to wash their clothes etc., but it is a rare thing to have me genuinely laugh with them and have a smile on my face instead of a scowl. I remember hearing one time (can't remember who said it), but when talking about being with your family for eternity, the question was posed "Are you being the person your kids and husband will WANT to be with for eternity?" I have thought a lot about this question, and I know my family are the people I want to be with for eternity, and I hope that I am being the person that they will want to be with for eternity. However, we have each other here and now, and I'm not sure I'm taking advantage of every single moment. Yes, life is busy. It's easy to remember to thrill with my kids with the BIG things, but it's hard to remember to "thrill with them with the SMALL things". When I took that picture of Kam, it was one of those moments that I was thrilling with the small things - and I'm so grateful that I did. That small moment turned into a big moment for me and a big awakening that I need to make every moment count here and now, and "hold my children and family close".
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Life's Big and Small Moments
Believe in children--there
is faith in their eyes, love
in their touch, kindness in
their gestures. Thrill with
them at life's big and small
moments...hold them close.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Isn't that the truth? The sad thing is that we will have to be reminded about it AGAIN. That is why they talk about the same things at every general conference; we are human and we forget with all the hustle and bustle of life.
Way to turn over a 'new leaf.:)
I think that I let too many distractions get in the way...like cleaning (well, maybe not), and BLOGGING, etc. etc. etc.
I've been working on the same thing this week. Great minds must think alike.
I think that I let too many distractions get in the way...like cleaning (well, maybe not), and BLOGGING, etc. etc. etc.
I've been working on the same thing this week. Great minds must think alike.
oops
Post a Comment