Friday, February 6, 2009

California Here We Come...

We're off! I can't wait to spend time with my family at Disneyland. I am excited to get to have my husbands undivided attention for our 12 hour drive there, and 12 hours back (poor guy!!). I do like to get him "cornered" so I can get my YEARS worth of talking in.
I am excited to get to be the "fun" mom with my kids, and not always the "bad" guy who's always on their case to get their homework done...jobs done...be nice...etc. etc. I am excited for the warmth and the sunshine. I'm excited to see my brother's family in San Diego.
But more than anything, I am excited to get to hear my childrens laughter, see their eyes sparkle with joy and excitement, feel their hands in mine as we walk together. I am excited to create memories that will last forever!

Brayden & Emilie made countdown chains for our trip. Those are pretty long chain!

Our kids are watching a home video of a previous Disneyland trip.
They have watched these videos over and over again. This is one thing that I am excited to NOT have to watch anymore.




5 comments:

Anderson Avenue said...

HAVE FUN! I am sure you will. I love the countdown chain!

Kristina said...

How fun! I love car rides, too for that same reason! =)

Drapers said...

Have fun on your trip!! Enjoy the warm sunshine. This pregnancy is the last. There is a big difference from your 20's and 30's.
Steph

shaley said...

I've been thinking of you all week, and hope you are having the best time with your family!

Calie said...

Nicky have a great time. Its always nice to take some time away and spend it with just your family and to a place where magic happens. My son Isaac is 6 and he says everything about Disneyworld is magical. He wants to move there. :)