Thursday, January 29, 2009
Goodbye
So our family pet, Chewie, just climbed on board another families vehicle and they drove away to his new home. I thought it would be sad for my kids to see him go, but I NEVER thought I would shed a tear over a DOG! Well, I stand corrected. I was very sad to see him leave. However, I couldn't be more excited about the family he is going to. They seemed to adore him, and they were SO excited to have him come home with them. I got Brayden out of school early so that he could have his last goodbye with Chewie. He took lots of pictures, gave lots of hugs, and now he's doing OK. When I remember the reasons we felt we needed to find a new home for Chewie (1. he can have a family who can give him the attention he deserves, and 2. we can simplify the demands on our family), then I feel good about our decision. But even when something is the right thing to do, it doesn't make it easy. I can't believe I'm sad over a dog!! If you could have seen me before we ever even had him, you would think I would be doing summersaults now - but he kinda grew on me. So I will have my moment of sadness today, and I'll have moved on by tomorrow! Thank goodness my kids are handling it OK, I don't think I could handle their sadness too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
If you go now, maybe you can still catch them at the truck stop in Willard. Hurry...it's not too late!
Or maybe you could run this like an official adoption. For the first year, they could send you pictures and updates of chewy and then gradually taper off over the next several years.
It is amazing how you get attached to dogs! I brought home our dog and he is so naughty, but my kids love him and he is very good with them! Also I love the story about Jarin in church! I got a good laugh from that one.
DISNEYLAND!! Can my family hop in your truck. We will be REAL quiet. Hope you guys have a fun and safe trip in sunny California. This last time we went to Disneyland we venture out and tried the restuarent in Pirates of Carribean. If you haven't done it TRY it. The setting is awesome. And make sure you get the cookie brownie sundae. It has a pirate sail made out of white chocolate!! Have FUN!!!
It is amazing how we get attached to these stupid animals. Me and my dog have a love/hate relationship, but I love him most of the time. I'm glad you found a good home for him. Sometimes the best thing is just to let them go, I have done that before. To a dog I had for 8 years.
I know how you feel, we had to get rid of a dog and for some reason I just keep getting new ones! Hope you have a great trip and I laughed about your story of Jarin in church!! What a scream.
Post a Comment