Tuesday, August 12, 2008

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY

All the grandkids (that were able to come).
They are holding their marshmallow shooters that Aunt Kimme made for them. We had a blast with the shooters, and I am still trying to pull dirty, sticky marshmallows off all of our shoes!
Thanks Kim!
The adults that were able to come. I am not pictured because I was home with the baby.
Maybe I'll try to cut and paste myself in (all clean of course!)

Every year since I was a teenager (I wont say how long that's been, it would age me too much! ), my parents family goes on a 4 day camping trip. The first years included around 14 people. This year we had a party of 42 1/2 people (that was with 10 members of our family who couldn't make it - WE MISSED YOU GUYS!, and my sister who's having her baby next week - the reason for the 1/2). Kamden and I went to the mountains during the days, and home at night, (not to sleep - but to "enjoy" each others company - since nighttime is when Kamden likes to play). We eat yummy food, play games, eat more, visit, eat more, hike, eat more, 4-wheel, eat more, stories around the campfire, eat more, try to sleep, and still...we eat more! By the end of the trip, our kids are so dirty that it is hard to tell them apart from the ground. The day we go home, we begin anticipating next years family camp, and reminiscing the fun of this last years. I feel so fortunate to have a family that enjoys being together!



I love you guys!


Jarin with his cousins, Myah & Parker

Had to post this picture because of the insanity of it!!
My sister Kim with her husband Frank, and their "baby" Princess (even the humans aren't as decked out for the 4-wheeler ride as the dog is!) - gotta luv it!


And then there was...ONE. Poor Kelli has to be the last (out of 5 babies this year)
to have her baby. Not much longer (one week) - hang in there Kelli!

Marley, Ryan, Kamden & Kameron
The group who hiked to Bloomington Lake.
Emilie on the rope swing at Bloomington - Way to go Sis!

Me at Bloomington Lake - notice the snow in August in the background.

If truth be told...I did NOT hike to bloomington, I cheated and rode around to the lake on a 4-wheeler. Getting back on my 4-wheeler was just the medicine I needed. It was fantabulous!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very fun to see all the pictures...but huge bummer we had to miss all that the fun!

Drapers said...

That sounds like fun, I can't believe there is still snow up there. Yes 4-wheeling is the way to go. I'm glad you got to get on one this year. My kids wouldn't swing off the rope. But they enjoyed the water. Steph :-)

Amber Bradley said...

How fun! I love the pictures! It makes me want to go camping since we haven't been as a family yet this year... I hope it happens!