Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Jesus and Heaven

Kamden asked me "Mom, how did Jesus die?  He is a big boy."

I explained to him that some "bad guys" killed him.

He said, "He didn't know they were there, and He just turned around and they got him?"

Me: "No, He knew they were going to kill him.  And He could have stopped them, but He didn't because He knew He needed to die so that we could go live in Heaven when we die."

Kam..."Oh.  When we die we will go to Heaven.  Where is Heaven?"

This kid is so full of very deep questions.  Sometimes he will ask me things that I hadn't even thought about before.  And many times he will ask me questions that I simply can't answer - like where is Heaven?  But this question of Why Jesus died for him and for me and for each of us, I have thought about many times.  I hope and pray I am living my life the way I should. So that His sacrifice on my behalf will not be in vain.  I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior, and I'm so grateful for this testimony!

So this is a "deep" post - but when Kam started asking me all these questions - it got me into "deep thinking" mode.  Besides that - I wanted to remember this conversation between me and my sweet little boy who left Heaven not so long ago.

1 comment:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I smiled when I read this, because I imagined Jarin as part of this conversation. Coming up with some perfect invention for exactly how Jesus got to heaven and back again. And exactly how we are going to get to heaven. He probably has something invented already. But either way, I'm pretty sure he's got it figured out.