Thursday, August 23, 2012

Eagle Scout

I am so proud of my "baby boy"Brayden.  He worked hard (and so did I! :) ) to earn his Eagle Scout.  Through the process he would have attitude at times, and say it was stupid (and I have to admit that I felt the same at times).  But once he finished, the look of accomplishment on his face was worth every minute of frustration - even for him.



A man in our ward took this picture of him and photoshopped the eagle and flag around him.  It was such a nice service he provided that we will treasure.


Braydens with his scout leader, Kip Rupp.  Brayden loves Kip, who is always full of laughs.  Kip introduced Brayden at the Court of Honor, and of course he had everyone laughing.  Two things he said that has Brayden pegged is he said, "You'll never find Brayden dead on the path to work - he doesn't like to work.  But, when it comes to the outdoors, like hiking and snowshoeing - he leads the pack".  He also said, "Brayden is  one of the best scouts he has ever worked with - I put him in the top two", (and Kip has worked with a lot of scouts).

Brayden honored his Grandpa Moser with the Mentor Pin that each scout gives.  They chose one person who has been a mentor to them in their lives.  He listed many reasons such as a good example, always kind, helpful.  He had a speech prepared for why he chose Grandpa Moser, but they forgot to give the boys the stage and say why they chose who they did.  I wish they would have, because Brayden had worked on his, and it was very good.  But I don't know if he saved it, because I can't find it.  And if I asked him, he'd be too embarrassed and not let me post it.  

We are so grateful for family support.

The three boys who earned their Eagle Awards with Brayden.


This picture was taken back in June, and he's grown even taller now.  We love you Brayden, and are so proud of all you have accomplished, and continue to work towards.

"Soar like the Eagles"

1 comment:

Drapers said...

Congratulations Braydon, what a great accomplishment!