L.O.V.E going to Moab, UT. Twice in one month...I'm liking this concept! I've always thought Moab was too far away (6 hours with stops and pulling a trailer). I don't know what mental block I was having, cuz this twice in a month idea was G.R.E.A.T! Especially one with kids, and then next with friends. And 6 hours???? Come on, really - that's a walk in the park. So if you've not been to Moab - try it! It doesn't require 4-wheelers or a jeep. There are lots of hikers and bicyclist too. But if your one of those - watch out for my dust, cuz a 4-wheeler is the only way for me! :) My order of priorities is my camera (a.k.a. my baby), my 4-wheeler (also a.k.a. my baby), then my family! (just kidding of course... kind of). ;)
This trip we brought some neighbor friends who had heard of us talking about our 4-wheeling trips to Moab, but had never been there. So Ira became their tour guide, and we had a great time - and got to know these neighbors pretty well. Nothing like a trip together to get to know people better! But as the saying goes...what happened in Moab stays in Moab. Now neither of these other couples reads my blog, so I really could spill the beans - but I'll just use that information as black mail if needs be. Just kidding of course. But I will say...it was fun getting to know them better.
Oh, and one more thing. I think I met my match in taking as many pictures as me. I thought Roger took more pictures then me. But as I counted them, I still came out ahead. (I don't think that's a good thing). But it was so great having everyone wait for someone other then just me to take pictures. That being said...this is your warning of a picture overload.
If you've been to Moab - you've probably been to "Top of the World". One of the things I love about Moab is being reminded of God's creations all around. It is absolutely breath taking (for more reasons then one I might add. You'll know what I mean when you see some pictures below).
If you've been to Moab - you've probably been to "Top of the World". One of the things I love about Moab is being reminded of God's creations all around. It is absolutely breath taking (for more reasons then one I might add. You'll know what I mean when you see some pictures below).
LuAnne and Sheraton Peterson
Marilyn and Roger Douglas
Roger and Ira have become very close in their church service together. Roger has taken Ira under his wing, and taught him and led him. He has become more like a father or brother for Ira, and they are quite a pair. They seem to share the same thoughts, and sense of humor. I have learned that when they are together...I'll never understand what all the chuckles are about.
Sheraton on the edge - Ira playing it a little safer (good thing - cuz I'd a killed him if getting that close didn't kill him first!). It made my stomach sick to see Sheraton getting that close. He claims he had plenty of room - not from where I was standing, he didn't. That is a 3000 foot drop off - maybe we forgot to tell him that part, just in case he couldn't see it himself! 



Gemeni Bridges

Tusher Tunnels.
This tunnel goes straight through the mountain to the other side. The top picture is one side, the bottom picture is taken showing the other side. Since I'm not good with distances - I don't know how long the tunnel is, but it's quite long. 
The desert was almost in bloom - but not quite. There was one small group of cactus that was in bloom - I think cuz it knew Roger and I were there to take it's picture. I had always wanted to see cactus in bloom.
.JPG)
Gemeni Bridges
Tusher Tunnels.
The desert was almost in bloom - but not quite. There was one small group of cactus that was in bloom - I think cuz it knew Roger and I were there to take it's picture. I had always wanted to see cactus in bloom.
One of the wonderful things about Moab is getting away from the cold of Cache Valley. Unfortunatly, this trip was FREEZING! It even snowed a few times on us. Bbbbrrrrrrr!!!!
But I still would go in a heartbeat - even in the snow!
I had like 5 layers on, and winter gloves, and was barely warm enough. Bummer time to try to get away from the cold of Cache Valley! 
Our last day - Ira was determined to wear shorts. He says it's not a vacation unless he can wear shorts. Luckily for him, it didn't snow - we actually saw blue sky - and it reached about 60 degrees!

.JPG)

Our last day - Ira was determined to wear shorts. He says it's not a vacation unless he can wear shorts. Luckily for him, it didn't snow - we actually saw blue sky - and it reached about 60 degrees!
We went around that thin ledge at Chicken corners - not as scary as it seemed when looking at it from a distance. But still had to hold onto the ledge. This was me with Roger Douglas.
Good thing I have hair wings in case I fall off the edge - I can fly!

This is what happens when your having a little too much fun! Here's Sheraton at home all casted up. He rolled his bike on the second day, and broke his wrist. He still drove for the rest of that day and another day like that. I can't imagine the pain he was in, but didn't complain! He claims he loved every bit of it - and would do it all again. I wonder if his employers feel that way since he needs both hands to work, and can't go back for 6 weeks! (silly picture - he's trying to get away from my camera).
.JPG)
This is what happens when your having a little too much fun! Here's Sheraton at home all casted up. He rolled his bike on the second day, and broke his wrist. He still drove for the rest of that day and another day like that. I can't imagine the pain he was in, but didn't complain! He claims he loved every bit of it - and would do it all again. I wonder if his employers feel that way since he needs both hands to work, and can't go back for 6 weeks! (silly picture - he's trying to get away from my camera).
3 comments:
Wow! How much fun that looks like! Made me sad to see your pictures...miss my old ward members already.
I love that picture of Sheraton out on the ledge...that is SWEET! That looks like a WAY fun trip.
Neat pictures, but I HATE heights!!! Many of those scared me and now I am pretty sure that IF Tyson could ever go with the "GUYS" I would never let him. Looks like fun though. How fun to get away like that with your hubby and some good friends. Good for you guys!
Post a Comment