I loved Christmas this year (I do every year, but I REALLY loved this year). The reason for my happiness...4 WHOLE days of Ira being off work...two weekends in a row. 4+4=8 (I'm terrible at math, but I think I got that equation right). We had 8 whole days in two weeks time of Ira not having work, kids not having school, and just getting to enjoy each other. We played lots, and watched lots of movies, and stayed in our p.j.'s all day.
Ira's sister-in-law, Beckie makes our family P.J.'s for Christmas, and this is a picture of us sporting our new attire. I love this tradition she has started, and I hope she keeps going with it. Then we stay in these jammies all day Christmas, and even a day or two longer for some of the kidlets who don't think it's necessary to shower or change clothes.


While visions of sugar plums danced in their heads...Santa and Mrs. Clause were up till 2 am building, putting together, and wrapping. They all wanted to sleep in the same bed so they could stay up all night and talk, or catch the big man.

The traditional line up from youngest to oldest early Christmas morning, as they anxiously wait to get to go see what Santa brought them.

Traditionally, we have our extended family party the day after Christmas. This year, with my parents gone, we still had our party, but we were all kinda at a loss. We usually go to their house, and my mom has a wonderful dinner. This year, we went to our church house, and WE had to figure out dinner. What's up with that????...you mean we have to grow up and take over the job?
We set up the projector and watched a slide show of our last years family activities and viewed all the pictures of our parents on their mission.

My mom, being the organized person she is - still made sure that we all had a Christmas present from she and my dad. Even though they had a HUGE list of things to do before they could go, they didn't forget to put us on the top of that list. They had their christmas shopping done before they left. We kept telling her that she didn't need to worry about making sure we had Christmas. But I have to admit, that when Christmas rolled around, and we had that little something from them...it really did help ease the sting.
Emi, Kam & Jarin showing the new jammies they got from Grandpa & Grandma

After a week of trying and trying, we were finally able to get through on the phone to Grandpa & Grandma on Kiritimati Island. It was bitter/sweet to get to talk to them. I wanted to talk forever, but of course, that wasn't possible. It was hard to say goodbye again.

New Years Eve, we went to my sisters in Pocatello, and the dads and kids played Rock Band most of the night. We have so much "talent" in our family!
Kam gives a whole new meaning to sounding nasaly when singing.
Even my parents had a "white" Christmas (with 3 baptisms). It was a strange Christmas with them gone, and we missed them terribly, but this is really what it's all about!


Thought I'd throw these in just for fun. This is Christmas on Christmas Island!
5 comments:
I have been thinking about you a lot lately as my parents are in the THICK of preparing to leave soon, it is breaking my heart, but I know we can do it! Love the nose singer...what a cutie!
Love it all!!!!!!
Thanks so much for the blog invite! I was happy to see all the fun things you guys do! And I hope this is a better way to keep in touch! And by the way your parents look like they are having quite the time! How amazing!
Don't you hate when it is over? Unfortunately January always rolls around. Fun post, and I just got it, the white Christmas in Christmas Island, why did it take me that long?
I absolutely love your Christmas pictures, with your family all in their christmas jammies!! So cute! It looks like your holidays were a ton of fun!
Post a Comment