Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Brain Freeze

I've had a blogging brain freeze. Simply put: I can't think of a single thing to blog about.

So as I was cleaning this morning, and I was trying to think of something creative (which is looking very unlikely to happen), this is what I was thinking:
We have 3 bathrooms in our house with 3 toilets, 3 bathtubs, and 3 sinks...

WHY can't the kids flush the toilet?

WHY can't every toilet flush in the same day and not have at least one of them be plugged and need to be plunged?

THEN after I've flushed and plunged, and go to wash my hands:

WHY oh WHY does either a bathtub or a sink or both have to be plugged and can't drain well every day? Does our house have serious plumbing issues, or do most households experience these same WHY's?

That being said...I am SO bragging (no complaints here).
I am SO thankful for indoor plumbing. Seriously, can you imagine freezing your keester off going outside in this cold (especially in the middle of the night?)

My parents have to pump their water with a small bike pump, through a filter in hot, sweating buckets as they do it. So their struggling with the question of should they drink the amount of water they need? If so...they need to pump it themselves!

So yep...I'm so grateful for my plugged toilets, sinks, bathtubs. At least I got 'em, and clean water to go in 'em.

So there you have it...the results of my blogging brain freeze. So next time you wonder why I'm not blogging...just be glad I'm not blogging my ridiculous thoughts as they happen!





My dad pumping water on his mission in the Marshall Islands. Go daddy...Go!

7 comments:

Amber Bradley said...

You can catch up my blog for me if you want! Love it! We do need to appriciate what we have!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I have the same problem. Sunday I'd finally had enough so I took the sink drains apart and cleaned them out. You'd be surprised what accumulates in there! Now they drain perfectly. Nasty? Yep. Worth it? Totally.

Now I just need to figure out how to get into the bathtub drains. I did it before but can't remember how. Or I guess I could just buy some drain-o.

Dave Lucy & Marley Gurney said...

I just can't understand why they don't stay clean for more then a hour!

Drapers said...

I totally agree on the flushing thing. Why can't bathrooms just clean themselves?:)

tysonandmandimoser said...

I am thinking that if you are plunging that often there may be a problem, but I'm no plummer. Also, we (well Tyson) did what Kelly did and it was totally gross, but it did make a difference in drainage. ***Make Ira do it though, very very disgusting!!! Ya, very glad for running water. My brother in Honduras (mission) can now shower, after months with using a bucket. I don't think I could do that.

Ann said...

I always love your blog posts Nicky! Thanks for the reminder to be grateful for my nice plumbing.

Smullin Family said...

Nicky,
I've missed you!!! Since you went private, your blog no longer shows me that you've posted. Last I saw was your "Ode to Bear Lake". Yeah, it's been that long! I just assumed that your life got so busy, that your blog got put on the back burner. Yes, your life is BUSY, but I'm glad to now know what's been going on since Bear Lake. :) Miss you guys! Come see us.
We're doing something special next month... more details to come. (It's hush, hush right now.)