Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Moving on...

So I have been walking around my house feeling pretty sorry for myself for a few days now, and worried for my parents and their new lives (refer to post below). Today, we got an EMAIL from my parents, yes...COMMUNICATION! I would SO love to be able to talk to them, visit them, send frequent packages etc., but at least there is email (even if it is slow as tar and hit and miss at its best).
So today I'm moving on! Instead of feeling sorry for myself and all I'm missing. My view is changing to being excited for them. They were met at the airport by the elders and sisters. There are dinners set up for them for a week from branch members. There really are people on the Kiribati island who will love my parents as much as we do. Now, I actually feel a tinge bit of jealousy! What a fantastic experience my parents get to have. YIPPEEE!! I can't wait to start seeing pictures and hearing about their experiences. Let the fun begin!

4 comments:

Maria said...

Amen to that!

Davis Family said...

Welcome to the world of feeling like an orphan!! Your parents are going to do awesome. What great examples to all of us. Your last post made me cry major tears.

Ann said...

I'm dreading the day my parents and in'laws go. What will I do? I'm so glad at least you have e-mail communication (even if it's slow).

Mark and Adrian said...

YAY I'm so happy for you. I'm excited to read about their mission too. Thanks for posting their link. I love your parents and I know their new mission family will love them too. But you have them forever we all just get to borrow them. Keep Smiling :) Love ya