As I watched these people accomplish something so big, I realized that none of them had just woke up that morning and decided they were going to run for the the first time. Each one of them at one point in their lives had to take that first step and overcome whatever obstacles were in their way. That same concept holds true for whatever goals we have in life - not just running. At some point, we have to set that goal and take that first step towards it.
In January of this last year, some of my extended family decided we were going to have a "Biggest Loser" competition. We set up a blog, set our goals, and reported into each other once a week. It has been a great way of setting goals and supporting each other. When we started the competition, each one of us had our reasons that we didn't think we could exercise or reach goals that seemed unreachable. This "Top of Utah" race was one of Mandi's goals, and to see her work so hard and to see her reach her goal was totally inspiring to me. Thank you Mandi for not giving up when the going got tough! I think Monday I will work just a little harder to reach my goals, and who knows...maybe next year I'll be in that half marathon with you (or maybe I'll just stick to trying another 5K) :)
Since I'm on the subject of Mandi, I have to brag about her other half (my little brother) - who just coached his first game as head football coach of the West Side High Pirates. It was totally cool! Way to go Tyson - your team is off to a great season! (Us Preston Alumni will try to overlook that he's coaching the "other" guys!)
8 comments:
Way to go Tyson and Mandi! Good pics Nicky. - Jordan
Where was the top picture of your family taken on the boat? The mountains look very unique. - Jordan
Jord, your kidding I hope. But since I can't hear your voice to know for sure - I'll answer your question. The TETONS! (Now I can hear your thoughts, your saying, "OH, DUH!"). :)
OK Jord - I just looked at that picture again, and I have to admit. It's not THAT obvious what mountains they are - so I won't tease you anymore!
Thanks for being there for me it was awesome to see you. It definately helped at that point. I'm sure I looked like death, but it was SO MUCH FUN!! You are my little cheerleader. Thanks!! LOVE YA!!
Hmmmm, I think I'll go run now. thanks.
EVERYONE has some kind of story behind why they would put themselves through that kind of pain!!! I love hearing those stories.
You said that well, and it brought back some memories of my first half marathon, vividly. Love the coach, that must be fun to watch.
Post a Comment