Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Good...The Bad...& The Ugly

I'm going to catagorize school starting today as good, bad & ugly.
Let's start with the good - it's a good thing to start off on the right foot, right?
So the GOOD things of school starting is:
*routine, routine, routine (can't say this one enough)
*End of constant arguing with me and with each other
*End of "Can I have a popsicle?" "Can I have a friend over?" and "Can I get wet" (sprinklers), and my personal favorite, cuz I give them something (jobs) to do when I hear: "I'm bored" (24/7)
*Brayden said "Now you will have to do more work, cuz we're not here to do it all for you!" HAHAHAHA - That was REALLY funny! It is true that I really like their help cleaning up. However, there's not AS MUCH to clean up when said children are gone all day (hmmm...wonder why that is? I'm not good at math, but I can put 2 and 2 together for that one! DUH!!!)
*No more late nights - that means I might have a quiet moment to myself after everyones gone to bed, BEFORE I collapse of exhaustion. (As is, I collapse when they do which means no quiet time for me)
Bad:
*My babysitting son is gone - now what do I do when I have to go somewhere? Take them with me you say? Are you kidding me???
*Spending money on school clothes (this should technically go under "ugly", but my kids think it is "good", so a compromise is "bad").
*Back to Brayden's comment about jobs - I will miss when they get into trouble, and their consequences are an "extra" job (deep cleaning task). I like it when they get in trouble around here - I'm such a mean mom! ;0)
*School is starting TOO early!!
*Jarin & Kamden will really miss their play mates - which means that I will really miss their playmates too (cuz now it will be ME doing the entertaining).
*I really LIKE having my kids around in the summer, and doing all the fun summer activities together - I will really miss that (OK, let's be honest - I will SORT OF miss them)
Ugly:
*Homework - it is a constant source of contention at our home with one of our children (it would be rude to mention HIS name, or what almost teenage year HE is approaching, cuz then you'd know which child I'm talking about - so I won't be so rude! :) )
*Goodbye warm weather
*Not many more Bear Lake or Camping or 4-wheeling days left this year
*Goodbye lazy daze of summer - I will miss you! Next time you visit, stay a little longer.


Emi & I
Our farewell to summer activity. We went to First Dam in Logan, and played in the water and fed the ducks.
Brayden & Jarin


Emi feeding the ducks bread...Kamden ate the duck food before we could feed the ducks!



Emi & Kam




Brayden & Jarin


First Day of School



5 comments:

Mark and Adrian said...

How fun!!!! I cannot wait for my kids to start. Your kids looked great. I loved this post.

Kent and Kathy Moser said...

Your kids can never say they had a boring summer!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

You're not good at math??? Who knew?!

I'm kinda nervous about school starting, because then it'll just be Des and I. And right now, he follows me around the house, wanting to be held. Yesterday, I stepped on him more than once. Poor little guy.
And mom-kids will ALWAYS say they had a boring summer, no matter what we do! Your kids never did that though, did they?

Maria said...

Yay for routine!
Cute pics!

Drapers said...

My kids have been in school for a full two weeks and I agree the house does stay cleaner!! It has been so nice to be on a routine again.:)