Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Double Date

I went on a double date with Jarin and my parents yesterday. We went 4-wheeling in the mountains, and I can't even tell you how happy it made me!
Ira volunteered to stay back with the other kids, and let just me go (much more relaxing for me).
I decided to take Jarin along for our one-on-one time. It was fun to get to spend that time with him and with my parents. I treasure every moment with my parents, since they will be leaving us for 18 LONG MONTHS. I know, it's not Forever, but it sure feels like it!
Anyways, back to the subject at hand. It was a really, really, really Great day. Today I feel totally Refreshed and ready to Conquer the world.

I wish I could have captured just how Beautiful a day it was. I tried to capture it on my camera, but cameras can't capture the 3-D, the Smells of the pine trees and newness of the wet soil that snow had recently melted off of, the Refreshing Breeze, the Sounds of the water in the rivers and the insects and the birds. The wildflowers were Breathtaking. It was as if God just sprinkled seeds of Wildflowers over the tops of the Mountains. I don't know how anyone can see the Wonders of nature, and not know that there is a God. This kind of Beauty didn't just happen by accident. I feel so Blessed to be able to live in a place where I can witness this Beauty every day, and to have the Knowledge of our Heavenly Father who created all that beauty, and all of Us.

I think I'm a total dork for taking so many pictures of flowers, but I think you know me...
it's ALL about the picture!
Me and my Handsome date.
Jarin and his Grandparents

Parts of the trail we rode on. FUN STUFF!
Jarin took a turn riding with Grandpa.
Me and my Daddy on top of the mountain side that we hiked to.No, I don't make a habit of sitting in the snow. My Dad and I decided to take the steep short-cut back down the mountain. Right before the snow mound, I slipped and fell smack on my Keester, in the MUD. So I then sat in the snow to try to get some of the mud off. Right after this picture was taken, my snow mound became a Slide, and I slid all the way down until a Rock (and more mud), came in contact with my keester again, and stopped me from sliding more! OUCH.

My Dad on our little Adventure up the mountain side.Me and my Buddy with Cache Valley below.

I think that if you click on this picture, you can see it enlarged. My Preston friends, this is our little part of the world from up above. If you can see it enlarged, you can see the old Sugar Factory stack, and find mom and dads road from there.

Thanks mom and dad for a fabulously, refreshing day away from the busyness of life.

5 comments:

Maria said...

OH, now that makes me homesick. I would do anything to have gone with you guys. Heck, I would even be willing to go as your date if that's what it would take. ;)

By the way, you are looking very skinny. I am anxious to see your before and after shots on the "fat" blog. - Jordan

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Purdy!!! That sure beats my day yesterday. oh well.

Davis Family said...

I am glad you got to go have a fun day and even better with your parents. I remember when my dad left for China - you kinda feel like an orphan!!! I hope you and Ira have a chance to go see them while they are out there. Great PICS!!!!

Ann said...

I will be SO lost when my in-laws and parents go on missions! I'm glad you got to spend time with them. What a handsome little date you have too! There's nothing that refreshes me like a little outting in the great outdoors too!

Mark and Adrian said...

THat looks so fun!!!! You will have plenty of time to come see me when your parents leave. :)