Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Making the Most of Summer

Have I mentioned how much I love summer? This week I found out that school is starting a week earlier than usual (where have I been?). So I am kinda mad, and really bummed. I think that families are being pushed aside too much - but that's a subject for another post. As for today's post, I decided that every day of what's left of the kids' summer break is valuable. So this week, Jarin and I went 4-wheeling (already posted), we went to Bear Lake with Amber and kids, and then I got the crazy idea to turn around the very next day and go camping and 4-wheeling again. By Sunday...well, I was tired! But tired with a big smile - we had a great time together.

I feel like I should start every post with an apology for how many pictures I post - but...since anyone who checks my blog are friends of mine, then you must know me well enough to know that that's just me! - I just can't help it! I need to learn from someone how to put several pictures together into one, so ya'll don't have to scroll down all night long.

We mommies with our sweet babies.I love going to Bear Lake. I love to watch the kids laugh and play. I love that we can have fun together. I really love that the kiddos can entertain themselves (a.k.a. not "bugging" me to take them all over the place, or have the neighborhood over to play) and I can enjoy the company of friends. I could do without the sand in the food...but you gotta take the bad with the good!I love to watch my baby Kam as he's walking.
Jarin & Kam



Emilie
Brayden
Who needs water with all this sand? Maybe I should have just put a big sand pile in my yard instead of any grass.They finally found the water!
Jarin, Jaxson, Emilie & Tyson



My beautiful Emi-girl

Next day...camping. Every time we go camping for just one night, I make a promise to myself to never go again unless it's for more than just ONE night. It's just too much work for one night. It goes something like this...
pack, pack, pack, pack, pack, UNpack, unpack, unpack...CAMP...pack, pack, pack pack, Unpack, unpack, unpack, LAUNDRY..........
The crazy part is that we call it FUN...and turn around in a few weeks and do it again!

Jarin saw the sunbeams shining through the trees, and exclaimed, "That looks like Jesus is coming!"Of course, we brought our 4-wheelers - no camping trip is complete without them.
A rare glimpse of Kam's cute smile/laugh
Jarins my little cowboy at heart

5 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I saw a show on TV of 'hollywood mansions', and one of them, actually had sand imported from australia to place in their back yard. (and what's wrong with california's sand? not sure). But I guess that's always an option!

Looks like great times. Bear lake sounds lovely today.

Mark and Adrian said...

How fun. Can I just say I miss your family and you so much. I hope we can see you soon. We are going to a lake today for a while for the first time in many many years. I'm a little nervous. I'm not a big fan of not seeing the bottom. But oh well my kids love it and that is all that matters. Their smiles.

We are coming home August 6 for a few days can you play?

Kent and Kathy Moser said...

I for one like the pictures

Drapers said...

I love seeing the pictures from there. I really miss the mountains. We didn't make it to Bear Lake this year, but it looks like you had a blast.

Smullin Family said...

Don't appologize for the many pictures... we love them!

I agree with camping being A LOT of work. You have to pack everything you need, everything you want and everything you MIGHT need. My least favorite is the unpacking though...the soggy food from the cooler and all the laundry are no fun. But we still do it and call it a good time. :)