Saturday, July 11, 2009

Could It Be???



It seems like yesterday that I was laying in my hospital bed, holding my newborn baby boy, checking out his chubby little fingers and toes. Could it possibly have been a whole year ago that I looked into his big, bright eyes for the first time, and held him in my arms? There is nothing that compares to that feeling of holding a brand new baby in my arms that I know just left the arms of God. I loved Kamden when he was only a hope and a dream for me, then even more from the moment I felt him move inside me, and more again the first time I saw him. A year later, I love him more than I am able to put into words. It is amazing how love works that way. Just when we think we love someone more than possible, that love grows even more.

In some ways, I'm glad we are a year later, rather than a year ago. It was a really hard time in my life with health issues, and no sleep, and adjusting to four children. A year later, I am healthy, Kam sleeps through the night, and I'm STILL adjusting to four children, (two out of the three isn't bad, right?). Now if I could just stop the clock right where it is.


Kamden doesn't smile a lot, but his eyes always have a sparkle in them. When he does smile, it is usually accompanied with a great big laugh.




He is almost always content, and is so easy to take care of and love.


Kam is so tender-hearted. He likes to bury his face into ours and give us hugs and kisses.
The last few weeks he has been perfecting his ability to walk. I LOVE to see that glow on his face when he has walked to where he wants to go.

Happy Birthday my sweet baby boy. I feel so blessed to have you as part of my eternal family. You have brought me so much joy, laughter, love and happiness - you are a treasure! I don't want you to be in a hurry to grow up, yet I can't wait for all our new adventures in the months and years to come. I love you!!



5 comments:

Maria said...

Wow, what a year! By the way, you both sure look skinny/healthy in that picture. - Jordan

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I'm feeling completely baffled at how this year has gone by so quickly. Last year sure didn't seem to fly like this!

Kristina said...

Isn't it crazy? He is such a cutie pie!! I love your swimming pictures- so cute- and the one of Jarin holding that fishing net-- adorable! Looks like you guys are having such a fun summer!

Ann said...

He CAN'T already be one! It seems like you were just pregnant with him! Happy Birthday Kamden!

Mark and Adrian said...

Happy birthday to your little prince charming!!!