I had a very good deed done for me yesterday by a total stranger, and I thought I would share. I was at Wal-Mart (the place I only go to when I have a list a mile long - can't stand fighting the crowds there). Anyways, I didn't have ANY of my children with me, so I thought I would get a little Christmas shopping done while I was there. I get to the check out and realize that my credit card and drivers license are both missing from my wallet, and I have very little cash. The cashier told me that they couldn't accept my check without an I.D., so basically I had wasted my time and would have to come back another day. The lady checking out right in front of me heard our conversation, and she offered to pay my bill with her credit card, and I could write my check out to her. She didn't even know me!! How would she know that my check wouldn't just bounce or something, and she would be left with my $150 tab? She won't - my check will go through, but she didn't know that! The cashier said, "wow, that's a nice friend." I said, "I don't even know her." The cashier looked a bit shocked, but probably not as shocked as me. It is so wonderful to know that there are still nice, honest & trusting people in the world. Thank you Christie Hansen from North Logan, I will try to pay it forward with a kind deed when I see someone else in need.
By the way, I found my credit card and drivers license by calling the stores I had gone to during the weekend on my sisters shopping trip to Salt Lake. Another honest person had turned them both in to the Layton Hills Mall security, without even using it! I have been so scared what our world is coming to, but you know...times like these I can't help but to remember that there is still a lot of good in it! Thank you anonamous person in Layton!
9 comments:
Wow! That's awesome, Nichole! What a reminder that to look for opportunities to do good!
Once I spent an hour (WITH kids) grocery shopping only to realize at the cashier that I had forgot my credit card/check book. What an awful feeling (unfortunately for me no good samaritan around).
Sometimes its nice to get a little reminder that there are really great people. I always remember when dad picked up the teenagers in the canyon and took them to a hotel and paid for a room for them.
Wow! that is amazing! That would have been very disappointing to have to shop all over again!
That is really cool. I love it when things like that happen and it just makes you want to go make someone else's day-- just like you said!
It is good to know there are good people out there. You are one of those people!!!!!
I love your story. I have faith and hope that there are a lot more stories out there, similar to yours. I don't belive that the world it THAT bad to live in, the media just likes to tell us so. I've been inspired. I'll be looking for opportunities to "pay it forward" myself. Thanks! :o)
Oh what a relief! It is nice to know that there are still great people out there! And what a nice person to put that on her credit card for you. That makes me feel a little better about this world.
I LOVE stories like that. Makes you think the world isn't so bad after all. And you're so lucky you didn't have to go back and do all that shopping again.
Cute Cute Cute family picture!! I am changing my mind... Kamden has his own look in that pic at least.
Post a Comment