
1. Full name: Ira Jeremy Crawford - not named after anyone. I guess his parents just liked the name
2. How long have you been married? 15 years 2 months 2 weeks 1 day 5 hours - NOT LONG ENOUGH!
3. How long did you date? 4 months before we got engaged, then 3 more months of engagement.
4. Who eats the sweets? Isn't that obvious?! I am a huge baked goods fan. Ira likes things like nuts or crackers, cheese and beef stick.
5. Who said "I love you" first? He did. I still was in the battle of working through my feelings (story of why is answered in #16)
6. Who is taller? No brainer!
8. Who is smarter? At home...me (Ira still can't find where things belong in our house). With Brayden's homework...Ira. With business...definently Ira. With common sense - of course me! (just kidding). I think we pretty well balance each other out.
9. Who does the laundry? Me. I have been teaching the older kids how to do their own. It becomes their consequence when they put their clean clothes in the laundry, just because they don't want to put them away. So...they are learning to do their own quite well! But almost never does Ira do laundry - he's not home enough!
10. Who pays the bills? Both. He does the ones at work, I do the ones at home. It is a source of frustration for him. He pays a bill the day it comes in the mail. I get around to it once a month.
11. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Ira. The left side is easiest for me to get out to the baby.
12. Who mows the lawn? Me, me, me! I love mowing the lawn. When I was many months pregnant, and still mowing the lawn, I think my neighbors must have thought Ira was so mean. But if truth be told - it was all my doing - it is my therapy. Ira comes home and takes over the kids, and they all leave me alone when I'm mowing. So in a way, it is my "quiet" time. And, unlike most jobs I do, it stays done for more than an hour or two! However, now Brayden is old enough to mow, and we feel that there are few things (not living on a farm) that we can have our kids do that are manual labor. I am such a perfectionist with mowing the lawn and trimming it just right, that it will bother me when it isn't done just right, so I often go fix it when kids aren't home. This year was the exception - I was just so grateful to have it done at all!
13. Who drives? Both of us. I drive on the way TO our destination while he does that days paper work and I talk non-stop, probably making it pretty difficult to do paper work - but he always smiles and says "uh-hu" at the appropriate times. Then on the way home, I'm always too tired, and he drives.
14. Who admits they are wrong? He does - of course. What have I ever done wrong??!! :) That is actually one of the things I admire most about him, he is very good at letting things go and swallowing his pride for the benefit of our marriage, even if it is me that was in the wrong. I am trying to be more like him in that way.
15. Who kissed who first? He kissed me...I think. Actually, doesn't it take two to tango? I think it was a pretty mutual thing!
16. Who asked out who first? Ira asked me out to a Valentines dance. I wasn't in the market for asking for dates - I was a girl in "waiting"! There is actually a very neat story that goes with this. A little long, so sit back and relax - or skip right past this. As I mentioned earlier, I was "waiting" for a missionary, and he was past his one year mark, so I was sure it was smooth sailing from there on. Then this tall, red head asked me out. When I was talking to my mom on the phone, I was telling her about this guy who had asked me out. She experienced a spiritual moment where she heard a voice loud and clear tell her that this was the man her daughter would marry. She pushed it aside, knowing how devoted I was to the other guy. Then that voice came again repeating what she heard before. She did not tell me of her experience until the week that I was getting married. At the time I wondered why she hadn't told me that from the beginning, then I wouldn't have had to go through so much heartache while trying to make my decision. She is such a wise mother. She wanted me to come to my own decisions without her influence. It was a very difficult time for me, wrestling with my feelings and what was the Lords plan for me. To this day, I am so grateful for a wise mother who waited patiently for me to come to my own decisions, and get that prompting for myself. Had I gone off of my mom's promptings, and not my own, then it would have been a much rougher road in our down moments in our marriage. Instead, when we have a moment of weakness, I remember that feeling of peace and complete knowledge that Ira was and is the perfect man for me!
17.Who wears the pants? I think mostly Ira. I like letting him take charge, and I just follow along - it suites me just fine. However, if I really have an opinion on something, then I almost always get my way. So I guess maybe we both do.
Ira is the best thing that ever happened to me. We laugh together and cry together, and love each other. I love being with him, and just wish we had more together time. He is one of the most tender-hearted, compassionate people I know, and I'm blessed enough to call him my best friend.
It takes a real ladies man to paint his daughters fingernails! Not only is Ira a great husband, but a wonderful dad!
That's it! Now I'll pass on the tag....to anyone who wants something to write about. Have fun!
5 comments:
You are so cute. I love your posts. They make my day. I am very busy in school. This is my last semester and I have 2 papers and 1 more test and then I am done so I can update our blog as much as I want after that. Be patient
Love Ya
Adrian
PS Its Thanksgiving is your Christmas tree up HAHAHAH :)
I love that he is painting her fingernails! So sweet!
Tags are such a pain sometimes so I only tagged the people I really wanted to know more about... so I am glad you did it! It was a lot of fun to read.
I think Paul and Ira could start a little business painting fingernails. Paul has done that one too!!! It's a moment to remember. Paul is a good sport with all these GIRLS in the house! Hope you guys had a wonderful and quiet Thanksgiving.
The only thing that I didn't know...was that Ira paints fingernails! That one suprised me! Does he do toenails too?
That is the cutest. So glad to be back reading your blog! It's always a fun one!
Post a Comment