
Crazy...insanity...total NUTSO...call it what you will! One birthday party, two birthday girls, about sixteen 7-8 year olds, two 3 year old siblings (Jarin had the world record for longest temper tantrum - lasted the whole two hours!), and 2 infant siblings (who were LESS than thrilled to be there), with two sets of parents to chaparone. Did I mention that we were at a park, a.k.a. wide open spaces, with no walls to confine? When all was said and done, we have four parents who are a bit frazzled, and two very happy little girls. Isn't that what it's really all about? Emilie and one of her best friends, Lindsay Johnson, have birthdays one week apart. They will be getting baptized together, and wanted to have their party together. Over the last couple of weeks, they have been preparing by going shopping for party favors, stuffing a pinata, blowing up balloons, and filling out and delivering their invitations. They commented that "having a party is a lot of work" - lesson learned!



Emi is always asking this neighbor for gum - NEVER AGAIN! Now she has her own
380 pieces to last her at least a week!


Jarin's two hour melt down!The smile below only lasted long enough to take this picture.


I can hardly believe it has been eight years since Emi came into our lives. She wasn't able to join our family for another three weeks from now, due to legal reasons (long adoption story - maybe I'll blog that story another day, when I've got lots of time). But she was part of our lives, and in our hearts before we were able to actually meet her. Our lives before Emilie must have been really boring - she is certainly the life of the party, even when there's no party going on! She is such a great help at home, and she wants to make everyone around her happy. Emilie is full of spunk - and is such a happy girl. Emilie is definently one of a kind, and I mean that as a positive thing. We love you Emi, and hope you have a wonderful day!
3 months old
At the temple, right before Emi is to be sealed to our eternal family.


I can hardly believe it has been eight years since Emi came into our lives. She wasn't able to join our family for another three weeks from now, due to legal reasons (long adoption story - maybe I'll blog that story another day, when I've got lots of time). But she was part of our lives, and in our hearts before we were able to actually meet her. Our lives before Emilie must have been really boring - she is certainly the life of the party, even when there's no party going on! She is such a great help at home, and she wants to make everyone around her happy. Emilie is full of spunk - and is such a happy girl. Emilie is definently one of a kind, and I mean that as a positive thing. We love you Emi, and hope you have a wonderful day!
3 months old
At the temple, right before Emi is to be sealed to our eternal family.
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Emilie!
You know Nicky, she is going to remember this birthday party forever! Looks like a lot of fun. Bet you slept WELL that night! :)
That's a whole lot of bubble gum. have fun with that!!! Happy Birthday Em! We love you!
I remember when Emilie first came to your family and when your family was sealed. I'm so glad that we were around, at that time, to experience that with you. Love those memories.
Happy Birthday (party girl) Emilie!
PS-Emilie probably doesn't even remember us. We've been "strangers" for the last few years. When can we ever figure out a time to get together??? :o)
Happy Birthday Emilie!!! I can't believe she is that old. Her party looked like so much fun. Emma would be jealous of the bucket of bubble gum, she is always asking for some. Steph:-)
Post a Comment