Jarin had just kissed mommy's tummy.
One month to go and counting! (Less than that if I have anything to say about it.) :) Jarin seems to start to be getting it that mommy's tummy is "big, big, big" (his words) because there's a baby in mommy's tummy, and that this baby will be sharing his room. I have shown him pictures of when he was in my tummy, then when he was a new baby, and I think it's clicking, and I'm not sure he's real thrilled about it. He has started to refer to himself as "Baby Jarin". He fell down today and came crying to me, saying, "Baby Jarin fell and got hurt." Then when he was saying his prayers tonight, he would usually say, "please bless Jarin, and baby brother." Tonight, he refused to say baby brother, but just said "Baby Jarin." This could prove to be REAL interesting!
I decided that instead of making the baby a new blanket, I would make Jarin his own special blanket. He has been using baby blankets, and I had hoped that we could give the babyish (is that a word?) blankets to the baby, and give him his very own big boy blanket. Hopefully he won't be traumatized when his new baby brother is wrapped in "his" blankets! He and I went to the fabric store, and this is the fabric he chose. He has tried to be patient while I have taken my time working on his "bug blankie", and today I finished, and he loves it! I have also been making Emilie a quilt for her baptism, but she won't get that until September (shhh...don't tell her...it's a surprise). I'll post a picture then. I wanted to get it done before the baby came. In case you get the wrong idea, I better clear something up - I DON'T like to sew! I couldn't follow a pattern if my life depended on it. If a true sewer were to examine these blankets?...let's just say I wouldn't get an A for a grade :). I probably won't sew again until I make Jarin a baptism quilt! (don't ask why I started that whole thing??? - but I did, and now I have to follow through with 4 children, instead of just the 2 that we had when I made Braydens, and at the time, we had very little hope of any more children joining our family). I'm not complaining. I would much rather make four blankets for my four great kids, than only have two children!
3 comments:
One more month to get Jarin ready for a new little brother! Good luck with that one! :)
Cute blanket. Good for you to make them, esp if you don't like to sew. They are a lot of work!
ugghh...doesn't even look fun. I'm dyeing because I need to sew a curtain for the baby's room. Isn't that like ONE seam??? It sounds way too hard for me.
Jarin will be fine. Maybe a little rebelious at first, but it'll all pay off when he has a little best buddy to play with in a couple of years.
Yea!
I've been thinking about you recently...wonder how you're doing.
Really, really cute blankie. I love it!
Post a Comment