ept maybe to have Ira take the kids EVERY weekend!) In case anyone misinterprets me - I do love my husband and kids, they are the greatest!Monday... was the first full day of summer vacation for the kids, and Brayden was invited to go to Lagoon with his cousins for Zac's birthday. Zac's dad, Derrick, took 5 boys all by himself - what a man! Thanks Derrick!!!! Brayden loved it, and hasn't stopped talking about it. Zac's little sister, Myah played at our house with Emilie and Jarin for the afternoon, and they pulled out the sprinklers, swimming pool, and slip 'n slide. Monday happened to be the only day that we have seen sun in several weeks, so it worked out perfect.

Tuesday...I turn into the mean and terrible mom who makes my kids do jobs. Brayden told me, "summer vacation means we're supposed to have fun, not work all the time." The other thing he said was, "You don't ever do anything, you make us do it all." I had to laugh, because in my last post, I commented how I had turned into my mom (with the things I say to my kids). Well... my kids have turned into ME when I was their age (with the things they say). I'm sure that if my mom were to listen to these conversations between me and my kids, she would get a real laugh out of it, and a walk down memory lane!
Wednesday...I think they are getting the hang of our summer job routine. They have realized that if they get it done, they have the rest of the day to play - WAY TO GO KIDS!
4 comments:
Brayden is looking so grown up! I still remember him as a baby sitting in the little pool out side of our King's Garden Apts! My girls are out of school in two more weeks and I feel the same as you--relief for no more hurrying around, but also a little anxiety;)
So great to "hear" from you on my blog!
I'm so glad you got to enjoy your night alone while Ira had the kids. I tried to talk Brice into taking Hallie, but he wouldn't have it. Maybe next year huh?
Yea, for a mom's night in!
Jason is good about doing this often...even if it's just taking all 4 kids to the store for an hour. I love the quiet of the house... for a little while.
Our kids just got out of school today. I overheard Rylee and Taylee talking. Taylee's worried about having to jobs every day and Rylee was trying to reassure her that it would mean less jobs on Saturday. Taylee wasn't buying it. My theory is the more people home, the more messes, the more pick-up/cleaning there may be. I'll try to be a good mom and let them have a little fun too. :o)
That does sound nice. Those weekends always seem to go so fast though!
BTW: I need you to help Tiana send us an invitation to her blog. I asked Shawn about it... yeah, that didn't do much. :) Jordan is very offended we got left out.
Post a Comment