Friday, May 30, 2008

Is today a cause for celebration?...or not?

Today is the last day of school for the kids, I can't decide if I should celebrate or cry! For one thing, I am thrilled to not have any homework for 3 whole months. Those of you who think that homework is only for the child going to school...think again! I have successfully RE-graduated from 1st grade (for the 3rd time - me+Brayden+Emilie), and 5th grade (for the second time). I will be so happy to not be on their cases ALL the time about homework. Now the battle will change to "Talk nice to each other"..."Don't use that tone of voice with me"..."This is a warning"..."I'm setting the timer, and if it's not done, then"...(then what? - I don't usually know myself!), and finally, "PICK UP YOUR OWN MESSES!!!" Wow, I've become MY mom, and I USED to think SHE was the bad guy, and I was her little slave! Hind-sight is always 20/20. So...thank you mom for teaching me responsibility, and not taking the easy way out of doing everything yourself.
I do enjoy the summer months with my children - playing in the sprinklers, going swimming, making snow cones, going to the parks, camping, and of course 4-wheeling most weekends. So bring on the summer days and nights, but if anyone would like a child or two for a few days here and there - you know who to call!
Happy Summer everyone.
"Bishop Crawford" at YW Camp last year - even we big kids love the summer months

2 comments:

Anderson Avenue said...

With each season comes excitement and challenges I think. I don't know the half of it though because my kids are not in school! But I have learned from my sisters that summer is probably more fun but also more work too!!

Smullin Family said...

You guys are out earlier than us. We don't get out until this Thursday 6/5.
I've already been thinking about our "Summer Schedule". I wasn't good about it last summer, but the summer before we followed it and it was great! Basically making time for chores, play time and "school time"...not just sit around and do nothing.